Chapter 8

Chapter 8A Story

Chapter 8
A Story

____

[ CHANGGU ]

Have you ever had this feeling when you're not even sure if you're friends with someone and you haven't even hung out enoughㅡbut you just feel good when you're with them? I looked at Jiyoo beside me and that's how I feel at the moment.

I tried to remember how she looked like eight months ago and tried to find the changes on her, but there's nothing much. She's still prettyㅡbut her beauty wasn't the striking type or flashy. I don't know how to explain it well; she has the kind of beauty that makes me feel warm, especially since she smiles a lot. It's just... nice to look at her.

She cleared her throat. "Oh, right! Changgu-ssi, I have a research project about law. If you're not busy, can you maybe... help me with it?" She asked.

I smiled at her. "Okay, give me your number, so we can schedule meet-ups." I said, taking my phone from the pocket of my coat.

When I looked at her again, her cheeks were slightly pinkish. I suppressed a smile as she handed me her phone, showing her phone number. "Here,"

I copied her digits on mine and rang her phone. "There you go,"

"Thank you. Please tell me when you're not busy. I promise it won't take long!"

I chuckled. "It's alright. I'll be glad to help. And it's about time I test if I'm really taking what I'm studying in my head."

She looked at me and asked, "Are you staying Seoul now?"

I nodded. "Yeah, with a friend."

Suddenly, the dark skies started showering rain on us. "Ohㅡthat's our cue to go back." Jiyoo said, grinning up at me.

"Let's run. You might catch a cold." I said, taking off my coat and hovering it over our heads. I turned to her and we were so close I was taken a back for a quick second before I smiled, "In three... two... oneㅡrun!"

We sprinted back to the alleyway, to the restaurant while laughing as the rain pours harder. We stood under the roof in front of the restaurant, "Woah, my heart is beating so fast from running." She said, clutching her chest.

"I know, right."

"You should probably head back in, Changgu-ssi. Your friend must be waiting for you." she said, shaking her slightly wet hair. I couldn't help myself from watching her.