Chapter 10

Chapter 10Mock Trial_______________

Chapter 10
Mock Trial
_______________

[[ JIYOO ]]

"Can I tell you a secret?" I asked Hyunjoo as we were talking about the story. Have I mentioned that she's so nice? We just met but I know she's the kind of person people share their deep thoughts to because she makes them feel like she could be trusted.

She looked at me in astonishment. "Well... if you're alright with that." She said with a little smile.

I looked down on the notes spread out on our table. "This story means a lot to me. I wouldn't have bothered you here, I thought I was fine just by writing it down butㅡI realized I want it to be published where many others could see it." I said, fidgeting with the hem of my sweater. I looked up at her. "Jo Hyunjoo-ssi, this story is based in real life. These things... happened to me."

My heart beats rapidly as the words left my mouth. Hyunjoo's lips parted slowly as she just stared at me for a while before she gathered herself together again.

🍂🍂

[[ CHANGGU ]]

It was late at night, around half past nine when Jiyoo arrived at the park where she'll help me practice for my mock trial.

"Oh gosh. I'm so sorry! It's so late! My shift ended at eight and the busㅡ" She paused trying to catch her breath, "ㅡthe bus arrived so late."

For a while I just looked at her panting. She came even though she really didn't have to, even though it's late. A smile formed my lips. "It's okay. Here, have a drink." I said passing her the bottled water that I bought earlier.

"Oh, thanks!" She said, drinking it wiy hesitation before sitting on the swing next to me. "I'm really sorry. Did you wait long?" she asked later.

"No, I just got here some minutes ago." I lied. I've been here for almost half an hour.

She still looked at me worriedly. "Aren't you cold? Have you eaten?"

I couldn't help but smile again. "Jiyoo, I'm really okay. I haven't eaten dinner. What about you?"

She shook her head and smiled, "No, I haven'tㅡbut that's good. Let's get something to eat after this."

"Okay, let's start." I handed her the script of the mock trial that I use to practice. She read out the lines of other roles and I recited the lines of the attorney. I walked back and forth as I practiced with her. This was why we decided to do it at the park even though we both know it was going to be cold.