Chapter 18

Chapter 18Worst Nightmare________________

Chapter 18
Worst Nightmare
________________

[[ JIYOO ]]

The horrors of my childhood.

The reason for my scars.

The nightmare that kept me awake and cowering in the dark.

As I looked at my father, I could hear the child version of me counting. Once again, everything would become quiet and all I could hear was his footsteps coming towards me. One, two, three...

He smiled wickedly. "Did you think I won't find you?" He asked.

I slowly backed away from him, like my whole being was trembling. There's a lump in my throat that I couldn't get rid of no matter how hard I swallow.

"W-What are you doing here, father?" I asked.

He laughedㅡthe way he did when I tried to talk back to him. "Did you seriously think your mother won't eventually give away where you're hiding?"

My eyes widened. "What did you do to her?"

I jumped and trembled harder when he slammed the alcohol bottle that he was holding against the wall. He aimed it towards me and I braced myself for the pain, "You piece of shㅡ"

But it didn't come.

I slowly opened my eyes and found Changgu holding his arm tightly. "If you try to hurt her again, I'll make sure to put you behind the bars this time." He said, jaw clenched and dark gaze unwavering, in a way I never thought he was even capable of.

My father looked at him. He looked at him and laughed hysterically, withdrawing his hand sharply. "Oh, who is this?" He asked, turning to me. "You've grown so much. You have a man in your house now?"

Changgu wasn't even shaken for a split second. "Please leave before I call the cops."

"Aish, this son of bitchㅡdidn't your parents teach you to mind your own goddamn business?" My breath hitched when he blew a quick punch on Changgu's face.

"Nooo! No! Stop!" I screamed, but the fight continued. Changgu blocked his punch and even though my father was a bigger man, he seemed to easily flip him over.

I looked around, trying to see clearer through the tears. I took a deep breath and looked for my phone.

I heard my father roar in anger and when I turned around, he's got an advantage on Changgu. "Stop, please!" I yelled. My hands shook as I called the cops. "911. What's your emergenㅡ" My phone flew out of my hand when father took it and threw it outside the door. I turned to Changgu and he was clutching his stomach, lip bleeding as he struggled to get up. "Changgu..."