Chapter 23

_____________

_____________

Chapter 23
Double Date
_____________

[[ CHANGGU ]]

It's finally winter break. I couldn't help smiling as I get ready to go out with Jiyoo. I'm still over the moon that we're finally together.

I drove my car to her new apartment. She was waiting for me by the door, wearing a thick white jacket and a black beanie on her head. I got off the car. She waved at me smiling, bouncing on her feet. I chuckled. "You're so cute." I told her as we hugged.

She laughed. "Aren't we so squishy?" She said, her voice sounding muffled against my chest.

"I prefer less layers between us." I said, frowning.

Her eyes widened, pulling her head away. "Heeey!"

My eyes widened as well, then I laughed. "Nooo! That's not what I mean!" I said defensively.

She laughed and hit my chest. "Let's go before you say anything else you'll regret."

I put her bags in the trunk and we went for a two hour drive back to my hometown where we'll pick up Kino and Yeeun.

"I've never met Kino and Yeeun." She told me.

"Right? I've told you about Kino. Yeeun is Kele's friend."

"Kele is his sister, right?"

"Yeah," I said turning left. "Have I ever told you about their story? Yeeun and Kino, I mean."

"Nope. Tell me." She said, turning towards me.

"Yeeun liked him ever since we were in high school,"

She gasped. "Woah! That's a long time."

I nodded. "But Kino had a girlfriend."

"What? It was one-sided?"

"Yeah."

"Poor girl."

"But last year, we went on a summer roadtrip. Yeeun just came back from studying abroad."

Jiyoo leaned in excitedly, "And?"

"I don't know how it happened, but she still liked him and he fell for her anyway."

She squealed. "Yay!"