Chapter 19

Chapter 19Away___________

Chapter 19
Away
___________

[[ JIYOO ]]

I put on my jacket and locked the door to my apartment. Fog swirled before me everytime I breathe. I made my way down the stairs after calling a taxi, not even minding the expense anymore.

I stood still in the coldness of the night, waiting for the taxi to come. When it did, I was already holding the door when I heard a familiar voice that made my heart skip a beat.

"Son Jiyoo!"

I slowly turned to find Changgu with a bandage wrapped around his head. He's wearing Seunghyub's clothes earlier. He ran towards me, panting. "There you are." He said.

"Changgu," I said in all seriousness. "What are you doing?"

He smiled at me. "I came to drive you to your hometown. Seunghyub-ssi told me everything." He looked down on himself, "He even let me borrow his clothes." He walked closer to me and looked at my face as if searching for something. His eyes narrowed when he found it. He tucked strands of hair behind my ear. "I'm sorry about my mom. Really." He said.

I lightly touched the redness of my cheek where it stung. "Go back to the hospital. You need to rest." I told him.

"Jiyoo..."

I looked at him in the eye as I teared up again. "Please, just go back."

He looked at me and sighed before pulling me into a warm embrace. "I'm not leaving you. Remember that."

⛄⛄

[[ CHANGGU ]]

I stopped the car to refill the tank. I looked at Jiyoo beside me who had fallen asleep through the car ride. The redness of her cheek was still there. It angered me that the reason for that was my own mother. I got myself beaten up just to protect her but...

She slowly opened her eyes that were quite swollen from crying. I smiled softly at her.

"Where are we?" She asked without moving.

"Just almost out of Seoul."

We just looked at each other for a while.

"What are you thinking?" She asked.

"I can't believe what my mom did to you. I tried to protect you from your father's hands but it was my mother's that ended up hurting you."