Chapter 9

Chapter 9Deal

Chapter 9
Deal

_____________

[[ CHANGGU ]]

"Why are you sighing so heavily?" Yanan asked as we were laying next to each other on my bed. He just finished video calling with his girlfriend and all this while, I was staring at the ceiling in deep thoughts.

"Why did she look so sad?" I muttered absent mindedly.

"Who?" Yanan asked.

I sighed again, ignoring him.

"Aishㅡseriously, one more sigh! I'll kick you off the bed."

I gave him a quick glance. "Get out. This is my room." I said calmly.

"Right," he said grinning sheepishly. "What are you sighing about anyway?"

Jiyoo. The sadness on her face as she talked about the story she was writing. I can't get it out of my head.

I got up from bed, unable to feel at ease.

"Where are you going?" Yanan asked.

I sat in front of my desk and turned on my laptop, searching for every article regarding domestic and child abuse. I spent the whole night reading them that by the time I looked at the alarm clock beside my bed, it was half past two. I continued to write notes here and there and the next thing I know, I was waking up with a stiff neck six o'clock in the morning.

🍂

"Changgu oppa, come with us. We're going to noraebang." Hyerin, my junior, said when she spotted me leaving the campus.

I looked at my watch and smiled at her. "No, this time, I'll pass. I have somewhere to go to..."

She pouted. "You always say that. Hang out with us sometimes too, oppa. Okay?"

I nodded. "Next time, really."

She smiled tightly. "Alright, then. See you tomorrow." she said before leaving with our schoolmates.

"I have to go. I actually have to work in the library by six. Thank you for helping me out."

Jiyoo's words echoed in my head as I got off the car and sprinted to her campus, my neck tie flying like a thread with the wind. It's quarter to five. There is still time.

By the time I arrived in front of the library, I was panting so hard, my lungs were burning. I took out my phone to send her a text but I already heard her familiar voice, "Changgu-ssi?"