Chapter 3

🎶 chapter music 🎶

🎶 chapter music 🎶

"The love of my youth
is ending like this.
Please be happy.
Even after a long time passes,
let's both remember,
That we both had each other
back then."

《 Missing You 》
by 2NE1
________________

Chapter 3
For My Dreams
________________

[[ SEUNGYEON ]]

"Are you doing well?" I asked him.

"No," He replied, making me stop on my tracks. "Are you?"

My heart ached as if someone was strangling it mercilessly inside me. "Yes," I finally said after a long silence, "I'm doing well."

I looked at him enough to see the pain flicker on his beautiful face. "Seungyeon," He said in that deep voice of his that I missed. I missed him calling my name. My whole being was aching for him and yet I can't have him anymore. "Whyㅡwhy turn your back on everything that we had?"

The cold wind blew on his hair. He's wearing my favorite blue coat of his and his hands were shoved inside his pocketsㅡwhere he used to take my hand. "Because I don't want to be unfair to you. I told you. You deserve better, Changgu. My dreams..." I trailed off, catching my breath. I closed my eyes. "I have to give up a lot of things for my dreams andㅡ"

"And I'm one of them."

"I'm sorry."

"Is this... how you've always seen it when you began training? I thought, I just... thought you would want me by your side while you're trying to reach for your dreams."

My chest heaved up and down. I blinked my tears away. "Yes, I wanted that. You know I did. But for how long can we hold on? If not now, then sooner or later, we would grow apart. I would spend every single day of my life thinking how I'm being unfair to you." And I know I was hurting him again but I had to say it even if it was breaking my heart. "I can't afford to have my dream and you at the same time."

He let out a shaky breath and bent his head down, staring at the ground.

"I'm sorry that I ended it over the phone. You know it doesn't mean I didn't cherish what we had." I cupped his cheek with my hand and looked into his sad eyes. "You know that I truly loved you, but I'm sorry. I'm so sorry we can't be together anymore."

He held my hand that was holding his cheek and closed his eyes, tears streaming down his face. "Seungyeon," He called softly. "Seungyeon..." He repeated as if he wanted to say so many things but he couldn't let them out.