Chapter 1: Con•scrip•tion

Conscription-
A draft paper that orders selected male citizens to enlist into her majesty's army...

...

⚠️Explicit Content⚠️

Chapter 1:
Bradford, England
January 20th, 1943

With the sweet sounds of melodic morning calls of the British sparrows, the sun awoke over the glistening snowcapped hills, its warm rays rising like outstretched arms throughout the darkened winter atmosphere. The warmth of the sun attacking the night's cold, dreadful curse as it did almost every morning.

The once golden country had been at peace for the past three years since the last air raid of the Germans, three years since they had failed at Dunkirk, three years since the horrid Nazis tried vigorously invading their one peaceful homeland.

Though, in that time They had lost much they refused to coward out as the enemy wished them to. They stood tall and brave even through the black smoke and rubble and hung on strongly to what perseverance they had left. Unlike the poor damned nations over seas that had lost control over their own homes.

Not long after the last air raid and the last of the Evacuees had returned from Dunkirk, Churchill enforced the conscriptions due to the soldiers that were traumatically lost in Dunkirk. The country needed younger strong men at the front lines taking the places of those lost. So late 1940 after the orders were sent out many boys as young as 16 were required by law to register in the selective program. Most were drafted at the age of 18 others three years younger but it was rare.

All was for a good cause in defending their homeland, the boys were sought to be ecstatic for being selected to serve but many were the complete opposite. They were forced to trade their teen and young adult hood for becoming real men in the army, to risk their young lives fighting for their country.

If you'd like to hear the agony of a young boy set for war, ask Zayn Malik...a young bambi eyed Bradford boy who had recently turned the striking age of eighteen.

For months he dreaded his eighteenth birthday for it was the last year he had a massive chance of getting drafted-it was no doubt that he would that very year. Most of his school friends had already been selected, he was next. Despite surviving the past two years without getting a single notice their was this vibe Zayn had gotten deep within his gut that this was it, his time. The long anticipated wait would finally come to an end and Zayn was not even a bit excited about it.

A week into his young adulthood Zayn knew very well hell was just around the corner but he tried his best to enjoy his free young life before it would be taken from him.

This free life of his was a pure paradise in his eyes. It consisted of mostly his family which he loved so much. He had a very lovely mother that any English child would die for due to her sweet loving charm and magical hand in cooking.

His father had a wise tongue that taught him much valuable lessons of life; like how you should value your life every single day because one day you'd no longer have it and if you ever once in your life thought negative of something you'd later regret it. Through his father Zayn learned to appreciate his life and the meaning of it, his childhood was much more fun that way.

Now his father worked at the nearby dealership and was known as one of the best sellers in all of Bradford or even Yorkshire if you asked his boss; So lucky for them it surely benefited them. They weren't rich rich but his father did make enough money for them to afford a little more luxurious things then others in their little town.