Chapter 13: Home Part 2

Home-
Love...

...
⚠️WARNING⚠️
Contains sexual content
...

Chapter 13
November 2nd 1943
Surrey, England

Morning always seemed to drag on; even as this was the day the freshly graduated recruits were finally to be liberated from bootcamp.

Of course Zayn's mornings were at least bareable with Liam by his side.

This morning however did have a much different vibe.

They weren't dreading a morning of training or long boring lectures. Instead it freedom at last! Well freedom until they'd be yanked back into Germany that is.

So possibly they only had a few days or weeks of freedom.

After their last breakfast together. While most of the time their group just talked and talked about their plans after bootcamp; Zayn and Liam took off together on the very same train that had brought them to the bootcamp.

The train where they had first met in a rather awkward first meeting as they traveled together to their training.

Zayn was unsure if it was something he'd like to remember. The memory was somewhat uncomfortable for him.

He remembered how hard it was for him to control himself around the mocha eyed brunette which he nearly had embarrassed himself in front of. He had never been more nervous in his life.

It was truly a wonderfully cursed day...

' " Zayn leaned over passing the boundary, his face was so close to Liam's that not only could they feel eachothers breaths on their faces, Zayn could see a little faded freckle under Liam's eye. Both then fell quiet, their laughter muted as they stared at one another. Zayn had forgotten his reason for getting so close and now, fuck, he couldn't move back.

Trying to process words Zayn bit his lip slowly forcing his eyes to remain in Liam's and not risk the chance of glancing at his perfect plump lips and-

"We have reached the training camp! Please exit your cabins in an orderly fashion!"

" 'm sorry I was gonna-" 'kiss you' Zayn mentally pushed that thought away as he quickly forced out an excuse "-mess with you but I forgot-" wait, he was sounding mad. The way Liam looked at him he was sure he had fucked up.

Liam's lips curled into a smirk and he pinched his nose chuckling "No it's fine, why are you so nervous?" He then stood up to grab his case "I probably would have kissed you for the fun of it."

Zayn knew it was a joke but that didn't stop his heart from fluttering like a butterfly and for blush to creep on his face. Luckily Liam was too busy getting his stuff together he had missed how red Zayn had gotten.

Assuming why Zayn had been quiet at that Liam quickly spoke up "Relax, I was joking, I'm not gay." He giggled, his assumption was far from the true reason.

Zayn's heart about broke at his statement, he really shouldn't have gotten his hopes up.

There was no other gay men except for himself. For Liam to possibly be one was out of the question.