Chapter 7: Ca•thar•tic

Cathartic-
To relieve emotional tension

...

Chapter 7
April 29th 1943
Surrey, England
Liam

Winter's breath warmed into Spring's bloom which melted the cold ice from the roofs of the many bunks and the snow covered grass fields surrounding the training camp.

Colorful flowers of all sorts erupted in patches all over the base decorating it naturally with their beauty. The river behind Barrack E had thawed out completely and fresh spring water began running freely down a long path that led beyond out of the fenced area.

The spring brought peace that blossomed in the air that cleared those cloudy cold sky's above. It helped form a peaceful vibe around the base where men remained kind with one another spreading the warm spring fever.

For Liam, Spring was truly beautiful. Especially in this rural part of England. Things were much bigger and more beautiful than it was in his packed small town. Course the wide fields of flowers messed with his sinuses and allergies but it was worth witnessing such breathtaking beauty...yet it was nothing like the one beauty that had captivated his eyes many weeks back.

The one beauty with sparkling Bambi gold orbs, a bright smile that could light up the spring days even brighter and raven hair that shined in the sun with the grease that he used to hold back his hair perfectly in the army style that only he could work.

Yes, it was odd he found Zayn so handsome but he couldn't help it. Every time they interacted which was rare since the day they patched things up nearly three months ago, Liam would always find himself marveling over another new small detail on Zayn's clear olive face.

Liam hated to admit it but he was even possessive over Zayn. He hated that Harry had most of Zayn's attention and was always attached to his hip. He hated the way Harry looked at him and listened intently to all he had to say. And Zayn, how he'd always be laughing at every stupid thing Harry would say to him. Liam wished it was himself again not Harry, that stupid curly haired idiot.

Not that Zayn didn't give Liam any of his time but it was rare when he did. Before that one day him and Zayn were the ones hanging out everyday. In the three days they'd known each other, Liam felt like he'd been Zayn's friend for a lifetime but then again that day happened....that day.

He lowkey favored that day yet he hated it at the same time. The place he showed Zayn was so special in a way because it was his place and he was sharing it with someone he really liked but then in a blink of an eye that someone just ran away from him like everyone else did in his life.

Course there was a reason. A reason which Liam felt when the boy was straddling him and secretly he kind of liked it. He liked the feeling of the smaller boy rutting against him—not that he was gay but it was a new experience and maybe because of the lack of sex he had for the past few months it probably felt good to his body. To feel something like that after so long.

Zayn probably had the same thing going on and he gave into it. That he wouldn't blame him for doing. He understood so it wasn't wrong. It didn't make them queer or anything.

If Zayn was ashamed for that, it would have make sense. Liam would dismiss it and tell him it was all good that he happened to be in the same predicament. It was only their natural biology reacting to what it had been deprived of.