Chapter 8: Re•pu•di•a•tion

Repudiation-
To be in denial of the truth

...

Chapter 8
April 29th 1943
Surrey, England
Zayn

Back in the stuffy bleak room of the crowded medic class. Zayn sat back in his seat reminiscing the moment him and Liam had shared. He thought it strange how Liam had looked at him. How he got so close and his nose, how it rubbed into his.

Zayn closed his eyes and focused on the warmth still left upon his lips where Liam's breath had touched. Those tasty warm mocha orbs gazing deep into his eyes like he was so close to finding out his deeply hidden secret, his true feelings for the latter and what he was.

'A disgrace to the world' Zayn's eyes shot open and he shifted a leg over his knee. There was arousal stirring up at the pit of his stomach and we'll this was not the place to have a freaking boner.

Ugh but those lips, those plump cotton candy lips, nearly touching touching his. Liam was—Liam was going to kiss him!

The young boy sat up in his seat and ran a hand through his damp jet black hair. The reminder still there from what had happened just minutes ago. Both of them were stark naked. Zayn was clinging onto the bigger muscular man while he was bare, how could he have forgotten?

Then Liam stopped him beckoning him closer and closer and they just stood there staring into each other's eyes like they were so captivated by the gaze they'd both had given each other.

"Shit." He muttered in a very low inaudible whisper. Zayn slipped his other hand into his hair, his fingers tangling in his strands as he pulled at the roots. "I've got to tell him."

The worst of his fears...the time had finally come but how?

Three months of waiting, evading, faking, lying, pretending and standing clear of the other man just so he could try to get over him so he would never have to tell him like Harry had told him. He was terrified that Liam would just be another Shawn who'd laugh in his face, spread his secret to the rest of the men in the camp without a care all to mock him and give him exactly what he deserved. A punishment for his sick abnormal trait which he was cursed with for whatever reason, at birth.

Now, this day had to happen. Zayn had to give in and accept Liam's offer and it lead them to that. He let himself become so vulnerable to the latter. Since the beginning he had been so vulnerable and now this-

"Malik? Did you get any of that down." Interrupted Zayn's medic teacher, scolding him with a quirked brow.

Zayn lifted his dazed eyes to the much older man standing before his desk with his arms behind his back awaiting him to answer.

"Yes." He flat out lied.

His medic teacher gave him a look of disbelief. "So tell me then, how is a wounded soldier to be transported to safety on the battlefield?" He quizzed.

The young boy paused to glance at the chalkboard behind the teacher yet because of his terrible eyesight he could see nothing except for a massive scribbled white blur. He looked back to his teacher and gave him a wide innocent grin.

"Um." He began, thinking of all he learned in the past including his own common sense to use. "You carry them on a stretcher, yeah?"