Chapter 4: Chal•lenges (Pt.2)

Challenges-
Dispute the truth or validity of

...

Chapter 4
January 22nd, 1943
Surrey, England

~Testing day Cont.~

Before their first challenging test; which was some crazy obstacle course, the recruits were given a short twenty minute break to relax in and let their breakfast digest in and around their barracks.

Outside behind the barrack walls, there was two young recruits enjoying a quick smoke together in the little time they had.

The two recruits were of course Harry and Zayn. Zayn intended on asking Harry about what happened with Tomlinson since breakfast but the tall innocent boy kept talking and talking about his boring life back at Holmes Chapel. Zayn feared he wouldn't get any juicy details like he was eager for—that was until Harry finally finished some story about his stupid cat. The raven haired recruit took that as his one chance to change the subject.

"So..." Zayn piped up a sly smirk on his face.

"So?" Harry repeated acting all oblivious and stupid.

The raven haired boy huffed at him as he threw his finished cigarette down and stepped on it with his polished left combat boot "Out with it, Harold."

"Out with what?"

"You know what. Your visit with the Corporal!" Zayn exclaimed in a high frustrated whisper.

Harry shushed him as he gave him a deadly glare "Don't do that, geez."

Zayn giggled, snatching Harry's cigarette from his fingers and putting it in his mouth. The other boy cringed in disgust "Your disgusting."

"Oh come on it's only a cigarette." The older boy teasingly chuckled "Now please, tell me. You promised." He now pleaded with puppy eyes.

His bunkmate grumbled giving in to his desperate pleas "We talked, okay? Have fun wanking off to that."

Zayn snorted handing Harry his cigarette back "Talked about what? Did he admit he fancies you?" He wiggled his flawless brows while giggling like a girl trying to get her girlfriend to spill the tea about her encounter with her crush.

Harry wildly blushed shoving him back "No not exactly. He just asked me if I liked my bunk with you and he told me if I wanted he could make arrangements so he and I could share a bunk but I told him no thanks then he asked me if I wanted to hang out with him at lunch and on our free time after testing." He went on explaining in a boring tone.

"Oh my fucking god." Zayn's lips twitched up in excitement for his mate "He asked you on a date! And he offered to share his bunk with you and you said no?! What the fuck is wrong with ya?"

The brown haired boy laughed hysterically "You're mad, he was only being genuine."

"For gods sake Harry! he chose you out of the entire barrack! He's been treating you way different than the other recruits since yesterday! He fancies you!" Zayn whispered in shouts as he grabbed Harry's arms and shook him. "You got a chance with him."