Chapter 12: Home Part 1

Home-
A place where one lives.

...

Chapter 11
November 1st 1943
Surrey, England

"You men are our destiny! England will prevail! Congratulations men you are now officially soldiers!" Sergeant Simon bowed his head after giving his speech, as the families of the young soldiers all clapped in sync.

After a series of bullets were shot into the cool autumn air in ceremony, the soldiers; in their newly pressed uniforms, were finally dismissed.

"Zayn, dear!"

Zayn's excited mother came running out of the dispersing crowd, with open arms whilst Zayn walked up to her, wide grin on his face.

When they met, neither Zayn nor his mother hesitated as they wrapped their arms around tightly around eachother.

How Zayn missed his mother's warm hugs and her soft mother scent. "Mum!"

"My beautiful baby boy." She stepped back to take in her son's new handsome appearance.

No longer was he a scrawny young boy with an apron tied around his thin waist. Zayn was now a fairly broad looking man, dressed all proper and handsome in his uniform which consisted his status and awards earned from his completion of the camp.

And with the tilting Royal army hat tilted upon his head. His mother couldn't be more proud.

"You are now a man." Mrs. Malik declared proudly as she gave her son's dimple cheeks a pinch before pulling him down for a quick peck.

"I am so proud of you, jaan." She proceeded.

Embarrassed by his mother's actions, Zayn let out a groan. "Ammi."

"What?" She giggled as she slyly rubbed her nose against his. "I can't show how proud I am?"

Another peck, on the nose this time. "My son becoming a man."

At that, Zayn gave a side smile. She didn't need to know his secret. She never would know. Zayn reminded himself that.

He'd never be a man.

Alas, the proud mother finally released her scarlet faced son and took another step back, allowing him to recover.

" I'm terribly sorry." She began in apology.

"You're baba and sisters could not make it."

They both shared a bummed smile for a brief moment before Zayn's mother continued on to explain the reason for they're absence.

"Doniya had the baby as you know and she's been needing much help." She paused briefly, smile completely faded. "It's tough on her. We still haven't heard from David but-"

"Zayn!"

As if on a horribly timed cue, in walked Harry.

Course, he hadn't meant to walk up at the wrong moment. Zayn shrugged it off swiftly with a small sigh and smile.

His mother's face brightened up at the sight of the 6ft giant walking towards them.