Chapter 14: War

War-
To engage in violent conflict...

...

Chapter 14
November 1943-May 20th 1944
Bradford, England

Since Zayn had been back, things fell right back into the swing. Zayn worked at the diner, pretty much ignored people's compliments to him about being in the army and he stayed home most of the time just as before to avoid any encounters with other people.

The only differences now was, he was a year older now. And when it came about his day Zayn wrote Liam almost every day. He'd write him letters, poems and even short little stories he came up with when he was bored.

Liam would write him just as much but his letters were only about his days and how much he missed Zayn.

So far Liam had only been able to visit twice in the span of six months.

His excuse was his parents were constantly holding parties to try to find Liam a wife before he'd be sent off which was unpredictable so they really tried to find someone suitable for him as soon as possible.

Little did they know...

Liam did visit Zayn for his birthday. He spent a day with him taking him out to the pub in Leeds and to a nice Italian dinner.

At night they stayed in the same inn they had stayed before when Zayn returned. Of course they enjoyed a lovely night of intimacy but morning was quick on arrival and Liam was out the door to catch his train home.

The second time Liam visited he could only stay half a day because his parents were holding a sudden night party because they believed they found the perfect girl for him. The one.

Zayn was upset with Liam for leaving so soon but neither of them had a choice.

By April the letters began to die out.

Zayn was going through a lot by then. His father had finally gotten what he long dreaded...a conscription. His call to serve.

Yaser acted more than pleased to accept his calling but deep down Zayn knew his father was just as frightened as Zayn was to enter the war.

It was a brutal bloody battle; and after all that had happened on Dunkirk a few years back many British men were terrified of having that frightening day repeat.

It seemed the Germans were winning though no one wanted to admit it.

At this point many felt it was a waste to be drafted into a war they felt they weren't going to win.

Either way everyone did their patriotic duty as a proud citizen and took their call to serve for their homeland and her Royal highness.

It wasn't long till Yaser had gone to his special training and Zayn was left to take over his fathers role at the dealership though it wasn't much of a dealership anymore.

Now it was car collection where people would turn in their cars and for the war effort let the mechanics at the dealership take their parts to use for weapons and such to use on the front lines.

Zayn's job was to record ever person who turned in a car and to record every useful part they could use. He pretty much had to manage everything and make sure it all went smoothly. The parts being collected and sent off to weapon factories etc.