Part 7

Micheal Banes

I checked myself in the mirror one more time before leaving my room

I checked myself in the mirror one more time before leaving my room. Today was the old fuck's birthday and he was having it at this grand place. I, of course, am on time but Monica, not so much. Since the conversation with Tony, I tried keeping my focus on work and away from her as much as possible; but of course she didn't seem to notice because she was wrapped up in Tony.

 Since the conversation with Tony, I tried keeping my focus on work and away from her as much as possible; but of course she didn't seem to notice because she was wrapped up in Tony

"You know, Monica, today would be lovely for you to finish. We don't have all day as you might know. You may want to know that this deal closes the minute we show up at the party." I got nothing but silence. "Monica?" No response. "Monica if you don't open this door in three seconds I'm walking in." Still no reply. Without thinking , I opened the door to find that she wasn't there. Looking around the room, I found a note on her mirror. 

'I'm sorry if you call for me and I'm not here, I went to the party with Tony, he asked me to as his birthday wish. Meet me there.

-Monica

Perfect, that's just fucking great. She left me for some old guy. Looks like I have to go remind her why she's here in the first place. Walking out the home, the driver was outside waiting. "Take me to the party." I hopped in as he drove off.

~
~
~

The driver opened the door for me, it was dark out. Lights everywhere, people laughing and dancing, food until the eye can see. Wine passing around, fountains with chocolate streaming out. "You seem to be lost, can I help you?" A woman with too much makeup on, I don't know how I kept a straight face. "I'm looking for the birthday man, he invited me." She gave the scariest laugh I've ever heard. "Oh! My grandfather, he's in the main hall flaunting around with his date for the evening." Her accent very strong. 

"Thank you." With that I sped walked away from the clown. "È una bellezza, Tony." (She's such a beauty, Tony) I heard a woman gush. "Grazie, lei è il mio appuntamento per questa occasione speciale." (Thank you she is my date for this special occasion). The old fuck boasted. When I finally found them, I smirked, she was going to learn that this wasn't a party but business. "Mr. Banes! I hope you got my message." I stopped in my tracks.