Part 27

Monica Rhodes

I woke up the next morning to see Tony next to me asleep. "Why are you here?"I asked, turning over but he gripped my shirt and snuggled my stomach. "I need your magic right now." I knew what was happening, my heart sank as I rubbed his back, humming to him until he fell asleep. When Anthony was younger he was have these night terrors about demons holding his body still and they would stab him over and over. It got so bad one night, his heart stopped and he was rushed to the hospital. Some were so bad that he was claw himself in his sleep.It stopped happening for a while but when it did happen he had more control and he knew how to get out of them. I sighed as I closed my eyes again.

My eyes opened to find Anthony still asleep. Dad walked in when he noticed him. "Again?" I nod. "Well he always felt safer with you." He was right. When we were kids, I would run to his room he would run to mine and we would plan to defeat the demons together using our magic light which was made by love. He would then go to sleep with a smile on his face. Anytime they would appear I would feel his squeeze and I would squeeze back telling him I was here.

~
Flashback~
I was ten at the time and then I felt Tony whimper in his sleep. It was happening. I squeezed his body to mine and whispered in his ear. "Our magic love and defeat all evil, our light." His breathing picked up, he started sweating. His brows scrunched up. "Light." He muttered and then soon after he calmed down. I smiled cuddling him for the rest of the night.

I huffed and opened my eyes to see him sitting on my stomach, smiling at me. "WE DID IT!!" I grinned before hugging him. "Our magic worked!! You were there and..and..and you had two swords with bright light and..and..and.. you set me free and we started beating them up and..and..and.." I grinned feeling my heart swell with happiness.

"It was so cool!!" He attacked me with a hug. "Your my hero, big sis. I love you." I hugged him back. "I love you too. See! I told you that I could beat those guys up! As long as you have our special magic, they can never hurt you again." He nods with over sized head. He looked determined. "You can count on me!"

~~~~

I grinned at the memory. "Your mom's making breakfast and she asked me to get you two down." I looked at Tony who opened his eyes slowly. "You slept good?" He grins at me before nodding. "Good." He sat up and saw dad. "Breakfast." Both of us looked at each other. "Race ya!!" We screamed at the same time before pushing dad out of the way. "Don't damage the walls!!" He shouted as she fought.

"You two stop and sit!!" As commanded, we sat and playfully pushed each other around until dad walking in. "When will you two grow up?" He teased us. "We'll grow up when you give me $100." Tony grinned.

"You're a damn model, you should be giving me $100." I laughed at them. Anthony grinned. "I thought you would forget and give me it." Dad shook his head. "I've learnt from my mistakes." Poor old man. 

After breakfast, I helped clean the house with Tony while mom and dad get things for the BBQ this evening. Mom still hasn't said anything to me which was good but weird. Dad probably spoke to her. I checked my phone and saw a video from Micheal. It was him and Andrea blowing kisses for me. I miss them so much!! One more day and I'm out of here.

"Sorry about last night." I turned to him, his eyes locked on the floor. "It hasn't bothered me in years until last night and I know I'm grown b-" I shook my heard at him. "I'm always going to be there for my baby brother. I'll defeat a thousand demons for him to sleep at night." He kissed my head and sighs. "You know we have to ruin the moment." I laughed and pushed him. "Moment ruined." When we finished cleaned, I helped him set up things for this evening in the yard. "Mom said to put the chairs out and hand these lantern lights." I nod as he got the coolers.

"I think we're done until they come back home." He said. I heard someone call my brother and I turned to see Bethany, Ingrid's daughter. "My day was going good." He sulked and I laughed. You could say she was the slut around her, anything with a penis and her legs open. "I can't wait for the party tonight!" She winked at him, before walking off. 

"Hold me, I'm scared." He was so extra. "Oh relax!"

My brother was the only one that hasn't fell into her black hole. He fell in love with my best friend and now they're happy. "You think I'm kidding? Every time mom or dad, sends me somewhere, she's always there and her favorite line 'what a coincidence bumping into you here, Tony.'" He dragged the why making me laugh more. "It's annoying man! I don't know what her parents are telling her but they need to stop, she has no chance."

I shook my head at him. "You know her mother wants power and my dad has it." Even the chief of the station respects my dad. I remember when he would try to flirt with my mom when he was making his rounds. Mom would always be in her garden but she would ignore him and continue her business. Why am I the only one who sees these things? 

"You should go pick something out to wear now, you know we have to be at the gate first to greet people and you know how noisy neighbor Agnes is." That old woman would always come early to see what my mom does in the kitchen, she would ask to use the bathroom but all she does it just look at the things we have and guess the prices of them. Once dad bought me a lamp, that I still have, it turned any color I wanted, she saw it and told everyone he paid over $60 dollars but he got it free at some junkyard and fixed it up for me.

"Fine, let's get this over with."