Part 31

Monica Rhodes

I looked myself over. Tonight was the dinner with her his parents and I shitting bricks. "Would you stop worrying? They'll love you, plus you look gorgeous." She was right, I had nothing to worry about. "Lover boy's here." She smiled. I made my way down and he greeted me with a smile. "Don't you look beautiful." He kissed my lips. "Really? This dress isn't too short, right? I could change if it...but then we'll be late." I just started panicking. "Relax! You look perfect."Let's hope his parents think so as well. I waved at Luna and we were on our way.

When we pulled up to his parents' home, he opened the door for me. "You're shaking, baby relax." He opened the door and I walked on marble floors. "This is beautiful." I admired the chandelier on the ceiling, the walls a peach color, it made me feel at ease. "Thank you, dear, I designed it myself." Then my nerves came back. "Mom, this is my gorgeous girlfriend, Monica Rhodes, Monica, this is my beautiful mom, Silvia Banes."

Silvia hugged me with a bright smile on her face. "So this is the wonderful woman who has my son smiling again!" She kissed my cheeks. Okay maybe it wasn't going to bad as I thought. "Come, come! My husband is with our granddaughter that you took a liking too." We followed her into a bigger room. "Oh! She's here." A man came up to me with a smile on his face. "It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Peter Banes, the father of that big head." He joked, making me smile. "I had to get from someone." Micheal shot back.

"Point taken." His father grinned. Then Andrea came into my view. "Baby!!" Her head snapped to me, a big smile graced her lips. "Mama!!" She screamed at me. The entire room went quiet." Did she.. Silvia gasped and covered her mouth. "I'm so sorry-" I went to Andrea and picked her up. "Yes, mama's here." Andrea started playing with my earrings.

"You really do love her." I hope they didn't have a problem with this. "I really do." Peter looked at his son then at his wife. "You're already approved in my book." He smiled at me. "You don't even have to ask me." She smiled. "I'm glad I met you all tonight." His mother sighed and sat us all around the table as we ate.

I really was worried for nothing.

~
~
~
Luna Kim

I sat up in the bed, bringing my knees to my chest. "What's wrong baby?" I looked at the guy that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. His dreads fell in his face as he turned to me. I love him so much. "Nothing, I was just thinking about something." He kissed my arm, rubbing my legs. "About what?"

I didn't reply which led him to nudge me. "Come on, tell me baby." He sat up with me, revealing his naked upper half. "I was just thinking about the future." It took him a while to talk back. "What do you mean?" I looked into his beautiful eyes. "I mean, are we just going to have sex and go on dates all the time? Are we ever going to settle down and live together?" Tony just looked at me and sighed.

"What's going on? We literally just made love and you're acting like I did something wrong." I looked away from him. "Will we be more than just this?" Honestly I was scared out of my mind right now. Tony held my hand. "We will be but not right now, let's just enjoy our time together." He took me into his arms. "I think you should go now, your sister will be home soon."

Anthony looked at me with confusion. "You're the one making this hard for yourself, Luna." He got off the bed, getting his clothes. "What's that supposed to mean?" He ignored me. "I'm talking to you, Anthony." He looked at me. "I saw all the tests, Luna! I saw all!" My heart stopped beating for a minute. "I-" He cut me off again. "Instead of you telling me, you yell at me! You think that I'll leave you because you're pregnant?"

I looked down. "You really thought I'd leave the woman I love because she's carrying my child?" Then the tears came. "No, don't cry now." I shook my head, wiping my tears. "I'm scared, Tony, what if something happens, I'll never forgive myself." My mom spoke about half the women in my family had to pay people to have their kids for them because they had miscarriages. She was one of them that carried her kids safely.

"Don't worry about that. We will do everything to have our child here safely." Then I just broke down crying. "I'll be here for you always." I cried even more. "I love you so much." He chuckled at me before wiping my tears. "Come on, you need rest." I yawned lying down.

~
~
The next morning I saw Tony talking to Luna. "She's really pregnant." Monica said in disbelief. "Yeah she is and she thinks that I won't be there for her." Guilt crept up in me. "She was just emotional, last night." He sighs. "I'm gonna be a dad, me!" They both smiled. "I'm finally gonna be an aunt."

"I can see you, Luna." Dammit. Making my way to them, Tony pulled me into his arms. "I'm so happy for you guys. Now you guys have to break the news to your parents." I hated that part, my parents are going to be so disappointed. "Mom is gonna kill me but I don't care." Monica hugged me. "I'm so happy for you, Ching Chong." I was going to have a family with the man I love.

"You know you can't leave me, right Monica, I need you in my life, you're my support." I hope she won't leave me to deal with this. I know I have Anthony but I needed my best friend. "I won't ever leave you, anything you need, you know I'm right here for you." Dammit, I'm gonna cry again.