Part 19

Micheal Banes

Here we are playing with my daughter. Monica has made a bond with her that you can't break. Andrea is now one and she thinks she grown. She's walking much better now and she feel she can go anywhere. I'm not kidding I had to baby gate the house because of her. "Andrea tell daddy snap out of it." I looked at Monica and then my daughter. It really warmed my heart seeing this.

Andrea's hair was super curly now, her details were coming in day by day. "Sorry I was just thinking." Monica looked at me. "About what?" What my life would have been if I didn't meet you. Is what I wanted to say. "About that stupid meeting I have to attend next week." She frowned. "I'll miss you." You got it right, I have to fly out the country for a meeting in England for an entire week! I'll be away from my two favorite girls.

"I'll miss you too but you know I have to go." She pouts making me want to kiss her. No, I haven't kiss her yet, we have a good thing going here and I want our first kiss to be special. "Oh no, not the pout!" I covered my eyes, peeping through them to see Andrea mocking me. Monica laughed at her. "Paw Trol." She said. Andrea was also very smart, her speech is improving more and more and I was proud but I HATED the cartoons!! Even though they're help her count and be kind to one another, they're so STUPID. The stale ass JOKES and they're laughing like it's so funny. Oh and that song Baby Shark!! Go fuck yourself!! Monica wanted me to show her Mickey Mouse but that's where I crossed the line.

I got my phone out, putting on Paw Patrol for her. She took the phone out my hands and sat there watching the show like it was the most interesting thing on earth. Monica smiled at her before coming next to me. "I'm so proud of you." I smiled. Every time she told me that, my heart swells and I get this dumb little smile on my face.

The thing I loved about Monica and Andre's bond is the dressing. The other day we went out together and they were matching. They looked so cute together. "Oh she's falling asleep." I looked up, seeing her eyes drooping. I picked her up carefully before putting her in her bed. I met Monica sitting out in the living room and I joined her. "She's such a blessing to be around." She was right.

"She is. Just like you." She looked at me and smiled, showing her dimples. "Flirt." I attacked her cheek with kisses making her laugh. "You're too much." I grinned as she took my hand. "Listen I want to ask you something." Oh no this sounds serious. "What is it?" She somehow sensed my fear and kissed my cheek, calming me down. "Calm down will you?"

"Jeez I'm sorry." She smiled then got serious. "You don't have to answer because you may not be ready to tell me but why is Jessica so interested in Andrea?" My smiled went away, I pulled my hands away from hers. "If you're not ready then you don't have to tell me, I can wait. I don't want to stress you out."

"Thanks." Was all that came out my mouth.

~
~
~
The week I've been dreading came and I went to drop my daughter off at her grandparents but they weren't home. I called them.

"Mom, where are you guys?" Then I heard panting in the background.

"I forgot to tell you! We're in Barbados, your father booked it for me as an anniversary gift."

In the background I can hear my father telling her to hang up quickly making me puke in my mouth. "Aren't you guys too old for that?!"

"Oh be quiet!!" With that she hung up. 

Great what am I going to do now? I looked at the sleeping baby in the carrier, if I don't get this deal done, my company will go down. The only person I know that might do this for me is Monica but I don't want to bother her. I groaned. I already gave her the week off until I got back.I have no other choice. Calling her she answered.

"What's wrong?" Was the first thing she said.

"I need a favor, Monica, please."

It went silent for a while then she replied. "It's 3 in the morning what could you need?"

"Mom and dad went on a vacation and forgot to tell me and I don't have anyone to look after Andrea, I know what I'm asking is big bu-"

"Bring her over, I'll take care of my girl." With that she hung up. Another smile made it's way to my lips. Damn I'm lucky.

~
~
When I got there, she was already waiting for me at the door. Even in sleep, she looks gorgeous. "Thank you so much, baby." I kissed her forehead as I gave her Andrea in the car seat. "Everything you need to know is on a paper in her clothes bag." She nods taking everything. "Go before you're late." Was all she said. "What no kiss?" She kissed her hand and slapped it on my cheek before walking inside. She's so amazing. With that I left for the airport.

~
~
~
Monica Rhodes

I felt a hand on my face making me wake up. There was a happy Andrea above me. "Good morning my beautiful baby." She looked at my lips. "Mummin." I adored how she tries to talk. "Close enough." I picked her up and looked through the clothes he got for her. "No, no, no, this won't do!" I looked until I found something that I could work with. My door opened and Luna walked in so I greeted her with a smile. She saw the baby and blinked a couple times.

"I.." She walked back out the room then walked back in causing me to laugh. "Where did this beauty come from?" She smiled. "Micheal's daughter, her name's Andrea and she'll be staying with us for a week." Luna gasped. "She doesn't look all white to me." I waved it off. "Micheal is more on the tan side." She looked at her hair. "How do you explain this?" She folded her arms. "Maybe someone is a little bit on the dark side, I don't know."

Andrea looked at Luna and smiled. "Hewwo!" Luna gasped. "She can talk?" I rolled my eyes. "You know she's a baby and not some baby alive, right?" She rolled her eyes at me. "Anyways, let's get her fed and then some shopping so we can all match." Luna frowned. "I can't make it, Anthony and I are going out but maybe next time." She kissed Andrea who was hungry.

I made her something to eat then I got a face time call from my baby.

"How's everything going?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"We're going great! I just fed her and now we're going out." I showed him, his daughter on the bed sucking her toe. 

"Princess!" She shot up.

"Dada!!" She crawled to me as I sat her between my legs so she could talk to him.

"You look so pretty! I miss you already." His voice cracked at the end.

"No don't cry Micheal, she'll cry as well, you know that." He exhaled.

"You're right, we don't want that."

While Micheal spoke to his daughter, I took the time to comb her hair and put a bow. "You seem tired, go get some rest, okay?"

Before he could reply, I heard snoring. "Seep." She put her finger by her mouth making me smile. I turned the tablet off and we both took a shower, changed and headed out. "I'm leaving, Luna." She yelled out bye as I locked the door. "Let's go have fun!"