Part 30

Lenny Charles

I cleared my throat before walking into the shoe store, Micheal bought me the best clothes and shoes, he even got me a damn haircut so I could look the part. Micheal said that I could spend the money, it's okay. I looked around and a woman came up to me with a smile. "Hello, my names is Penelope Even, how can I help you?" I nod. "I'm looking for a Louis Vuitton shoes, my size is 14." She blushes, looking down then clears her throat. "This way, sir." I scoped the place out, looking for Jessica, she's supposed to be here by now.

"What color?" The lady asked. "Black." She helped me try it on and it was a perfect fit." I have to buy something else, she's not here yet. "Is there anything else you would like?" I looked at the sneakers. "How about those?" She took them down and I heard the door open. "Ah! Ms. Skye we have your shoes as ordered." I didn't know you could order shoes here! 

The woman helped me try on the shoes. "Alright, it fits, would you like to cash?" I nod.  We made our way to the cashier. Pretend you don't see her. I got out the black card with my name on it. "Lenny? Is that you?" I looked to my left and there was the devil herself. "Jessica? Is that you?" She smiles. "What are you doing here? Do you work here or something?" She asked.

"No, I'm here for the same reason you are." I clenched my jaw. "You?" I almost rolled my eyes. "Yeah, since you and I split, I've been doing better, I got at Tony Enterprises as the COO." Her eyes widened, I swore I saw dollar signs. "Really? Well I'm glad for you." The woman looked at me. "Your balance is $1,865.00" I gave her the black card, like it was nothing and she swiped it. "Thank you." I nod.

"Well I best be on my way." I took my bag, walking away. "Wait, Lenny. You want to have a drink later?" I wanted to throw these shoes at her. "Sure, give me your number and we'll talk later." I pulled out my brand new iPhone and she bit her lip, her eyes were shinning right now. When I got her number, I glanced at the Penelope girl who looked slightly disappointed. She was pretty cute.

"I'll see you later." Jessica winked as I left. That was much easier than I thought. I texted Micheal.

'We're going for a drink later.'

'I'll send a limo to pick you up.' A damn limo.

'Is that really necessary?'

'It's what she likes.'

I got into the car as the driver pulled off.

~
~
~
Monica Rhodes

I held Andrea in my arms as she cried in discomfort. "My poor baby." Her teeth were coming in and it was hurting. I wrapped my finger with a baby rag and let her bite my finger to ease the irritation. She immediately calmed down as she bit the rag. Micheal was in his home office with one of his clients so I came to look over Andrea, his parents went on a cruise. I don't blame them, they're enjoying their time together, it was cute.

"Does that feel better?" She responded my biting more. Her drool wouldn't stop flowing out her mouth. "Is she okay?" I turned to see Micheal. "She's fine now, these teething toys aren't working for her." He sighs. "It'll be over soon princess."

After the discomfort subsided she was back to being her playful self. "I'm coming to get you!!" She squealed, trying to run but her walking wasn't the best. I helped her walk around the room for a while then she started walking by herself. She couldn't sit down so she would drop herself on her butt.

I looked at Micheal who was texting someone on his phone. Damn that person must be important. Andrea crawled to me and I picked her up. "You want a snack?" She nods as I made my way to the kitchen. I sliced some strawberries and watermelon for her and sat her down as she fed herself. She was getting so big. Andrea hated when we fed her, her snacks. She wants to sit by herself and eat them.

~
~
~
Lenny Charles

I got ready looking at myself in the mirror. Micheal gave me a big ass house just in case she wants to come over. A limo pulled up and I got in. We both agreed to go to this expensive ass restaurant. He pulled up at Jessica's place and I went to the door and knocked on the door. "I'm coming." She opened the door and I tried not to make a face.

She looked terrible. "You look beautiful." She smiled. "I know." I rolled my eyes when she walked into the limo. "Love the ride." She got in and I got in after. "I missed being with you, Lenny, I didn't want to leave you but I felt like you could have done better than me. I regret the day I walked away. I love you so much, I wish I didn't walk away from you."

"I missed you too, Jessica, let's start things over." I smiled at her fake face. "I'd really like that." When we got to the restaurant, we ordered and started eating. "I heard that Micheal Banes has a child, she's such a beautiful little girl." She choked on her drink. "She really is." I smirked. "I heard her mother came back into her life." Her eyes widened. "The PA was the mother all this time." Her eyes grew dark. "Let's not talk about them, this about us."

This is a bitch. "You're right." The night went smoothly and it was working, Jessica was a little tipsy. "Let's go back to your place and have some fun." She purred. "I'd thought you'd never ask." I paid the bill and helped her in the car. 

When we got to the house, she took her shoes off and sat on the couch. "Wine?" She nods as I got the strongest wine. Glass after glass, she drank the damn thing like water. "You okay?" Her body swayed side to side. This was my time. "Wanna tell me about you and Micheal?" She giggled. "Well this is how it all started..."