Part 25

Monica Rhodes

I woke up the next morning and I wish I didn't. My mother stood at the door with her arms folded. "You're here for less than a day and my husband refuses to talk to me." I sighed, lying back down again. "Every time I have something good going you have to come and ruin it, just like you ruined our family's color." With that she walked out the room. I didn't go back to sleep after that, I just laid there, thinking about my life choices.

"Get up sleepy head, dad wants you downstairs, he wants to take you to the garage." Tony said walking out the room. Come on, Monica. I got myself cleaned and dressed, meeting my father at the bottom of the staircase with two lunch bags and a big smile. "Good morning princess, ready for work?" I grabbed my bag from him. "You know it." He pushed a slice bread with cheese in my mouth. "That's breakfast now come on." I got into his truck as we pulled off.

~
~
~
Micheal Banes

I sat in my car as Lenny opened the door. "What do we have to do?" I gave him a folder. "These are the places where she goes everyday, I want you to make this a coincidence bumping into her. I want you to pretend that you're rich, if she asks you how you're rich, tell her Tony Giovanni gave you a job that pays good and you've been saving up just to get her back." I may not like the old fuck but he actually gave me permission to use his name." Lenny took in the information. "Try to have her get back with you and then when you're alone ask her why did she do what she did." I gave him a recorder. "Don't rush it or she'll know something's up." He looked at me. 

"But I'm not rich." I smirked. "That can be arranged." Lenny looked at me like I was crazy. "Relax, I'll just wire you a couple million and you can use it to grab her attention." He shook his head. "Who are you, Trump? You say that like it's nothing!!" He doesn't know my story so I won't judge him for it.

"If I say it's okay then it's okay." Lenny looked as if he was thinking about it. "Fine, I'll do it, but don't be mad when I don't use as much." He wasn't getting it. "If you don't use it to buy her things she'll loose interest!" He took a deep breath in. "Fine, I'll do it."

~
~
~
Monica Rhodes

I rolled the new tires to my dad and took the old ones to the back. "Your daughter never ceases to amaze me." One of his customers told him. "She sure is amazing." He boasted. I got my tool box and headed back out to my dad. A car rolled in and dad came to me. "How about you take care of this one, I'll be right in the back if you need me." I nod as he leaves and the owner got out the car. 

"What can I help you with today?" I looked up and came face to face with his chest. "My eyes are up here." I bent my entire neck back to see him. "Monica? It's been a while, how are you?" I frowned my eyebrows. "Sorry but do I know you?" He chuckled. "Of course you do! We went to high school together, remember?" I tried but I couldn't make out the face. "They use to call me Stick Man?" I still couldn't remember.

"Can opener?" Nope. "X-Ray?" Not a clue. He sighed, bending his head, embarrassed. "They tied me to the flag pole to see if I would wave around like the flag." I gasped. "Theo? Theo Thomas?" He grinned, showing his pearly white teeth. "In the flesh." My jaw fell open. "Wow, you look...different." His brow raised. "A good different or a bad different?" He joked. "Good obviously." He was about 6'5, pure muscles, a tattoo on his arm, he shaved his head but he still looked good. "Yeah I get that reaction a lot." He chuckled. "I'm sorry for starring but damn! You transformed!!"

He laughed and shrugged it off like it was nothing. "Yeah, after high school, I decided to get my teeth done, get contacts and gain some weight, I have to say, I didn't expect to get this much but here we are." I smiled. "I'm glad you did this for yourself, you showed those popular girls what they've been missing out on." He nods, his eyes held a far look. "I only had my eyes on one girl at school but when I came back, she wasn't here anymore." He looked down. "What happened to her?" I asked.

"She left to get a better life." He starred at me. "Well if it was meant to be then she'll come back to you." All he did was smile and nod. "Maybe she will." I grabbed my tool box. "You're probably a busy man, I should get your check done." He nods. "It's fine." When I got the his car checked out I wiped my hands. "Okay, everything seems good." Theo clapped. "You might actually steal your dad's job." He teased as my father walked in.

"Never in a million years." I grinned. "Here's your money." He gave me $350 to my dad who handed it to me. "You did good today." I shook my head. "No this is yours, I'm just here for the fun." That and mom's home with her snobby friends and I don't want to be there. "Fine then." He took the money back. I turned to see that Theo was looking right at me but turned when I caught his gaze. "Well I must go now, see you later." He got in his car and drove off.

"Well we should have lunch now." Dad turned and walked away as I followed. I remember the way they bullied him, no one would stick up for him but me. After that he would leave cards in my locker, thanking me for sticking up for him. He would wait around the corner and peek to see if I got them but I pretended not to see him. Even though he was physically tall in high school, people made him emotionally small. People respected me and my brother because our father was and still isn't someone to mess with, especially if it involved his kids.

"If you don't eat it, I will." I snapped out of it and looked at my dad who was gazing at my lunch. "Eat yours old man!!" I covered my food from his hungry eyes. "Fine, be greedy, see if I care." I grinned at him, still a child at heart.