Part 20

Monica Rhodes

We strut our way on the side walk, she fixed her little glasses on her face. "Let's take a picture and send it to daddy!" I took a picture and sent it to him, smiling. From store to store we went to buy ourselves matching clothes soon after I made my way into a Baby Land for kids and there was a baby section for Andrea. I paid for us but was stopped by security. "Ma'am is this child yours?" I took my glasses off. "Who wants to know?" One of them started looking uncomfortable. 

"Well ma'am people here are uncomfortable with you here and this child doesn't exactly look like you." Okay now I'm pissed. "Have you ever heard of white people? You know when a black and white person come together and th-" He cut me off. "I'm sorry ma'am but this child doesn't look black." I shook my head, these people are so rude and out of place. I got up, looking at them with a smile. "I think I'll leave, move." I pushed through them with Andrea in her baby strap.

"Ma'am your refund." I held up my hand. "No keep it, when I'm done with this building, you will be out of a job." I put my shades back on and so did Andrea as we stepped out.I heard a man calling me back, must be a manager or something. I kept my head held high as I walked away.  She was such a fast leaner. "Okay time to feed you." I walked into a small cafe where I got her food. I know she wasn't mine biologically but I wish she was sometimes. I would have loved to be her mom.

I bought something to ease the growling until we got home. "Okay I think you've had enough for one day." I stood and glanced to the side to see an old couple smiling at us. "Don't mind us, dear, we just think it's cute that you and your daughter dress alike." The woman grinned. I looked at a sleepy Andrea and smiled. "Thank you for the compliment ma'am, you two enjoy your day." I got everything together and left.

~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday

We stayed home and did some yoga together and called her father. 

"My favorite girls! What are you two up to?" He asked.

"Yoga, this was Andrea's idea if you must know."

Andrea grabbed the tablet from me. "Hi dada!" She kissed the screen and he pretended to get the kiss on his cheek. 

"Thank you for the kiss." He smiled at her then looked at me.

"How's everything? No trouble yet, I hope. She's sleeping through the night?"

"Everything's fine and she never gives trouble and yes, she's sleep very comfortably next to me at night."

"I can't thank you enough for this, you're truly the best woman any man can have."

"Aw stop, you're gonna make me blush." He chuckled before looking at his daughter.

"I'll be home before you know and we'll all do something together, if that's okay with you." 

"You know I love her, of course I'll be happy to do something together."

After a while, Andrea was getting restless and wanted to watch her Paw Patrol. "Okay we have to go, it's Paw Patrol time." He waved at us before hanging on. I sat her on the couch and got her some fruit loops and some water to munch on while she watches the show. I turned the TV on and the song instantly played making her dance in her seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday

I took pictures of her sleeping and sent them to Micheal. Today she was a little cranky because she couldn't poop so I got her some medicine I got from the bag and gave it to her.  We went out to eat and to the park but came home when she started feeling the discomfort. Then my phone started ringing and I already knew who it was.

"She's asleep." I spoke getting some food in the kitchen. I have no idea why but I felt like a wife.

"That's good, she should get some ease soon." He spoke and I heard horns in the background.

"You're on the road?" He grunts in response.

"I'm visiting my client at his work place and it's a lot of traffic, it's frustrating."

"Aw poor baby." I sat down and ate. 

"Poor baby is right, by the time I get there I probably wasted half a day!!" I could tell he was annoyed.

"Hey calm down, when you do reach there, work as fast as you can but just as smart. Don't any mistakes and you'll be fine, I've seen you do it before."

He took a deep breath and exhaled. "You're right, thank you baby."

"No problem, that's why I'm here."

"Oh finally the traffic is gone, you made it go away." I chuckled.

"Stop being so dramatic."

"I have to go, bye! Give Andrea a kiss for me." With that he hung up.

Then I heard a cry from upstairs and I went to get her. She sat up on the bed looking for me. "I'm right here beautiful." I wiped her tears as she snuggled my chest. "It's okay, I'm right here." She finally calmed down and then it came. A loud fart then a grunting noise and a terrible smell. "Looks like you pooped."

She turned to me with a bright smile. "Poop."

~~~~~~~~~

Thursday

Andrea and I were on the floor in the living room watching Moana when we got her call from her father and you know she moved faster than me. She picked up on the time her father calls. Every time the phone rings a little too early she knows it's not her dad. At a certain time he'll call. "Wait give me a second." I turned it on for her and she went crazy. A little while into the conversation I remembered this morning.

"Tell daddy what you did to Luna." I laughed as she gave me that evil smile again.

"What did she do?" Micheal asked clearly amused.

"I took off her clothes to bathe her and Luna wanted to hold her."

He looked at me shaking his head. "I think I know where this is heading."

"She peed all over her and started laughing really loudly like she meant to do it." I laughed at the story. Luna left after she cleaned herself up.

"You naughty baby." She laughed loudly at her father saying that.

"I should leave you alone, you must be tired." He sighs, rubbing his face.

"Three more days and I'll be home with you guys." 

Andres sensed his discomfort and kissed the screen. "Thank you princess, all better."

I loved the relationship that they had, I want that someday with my child.

~~~~~~~~~

Friday

We were at the mall, looking for bows. "Which one do you like, Dre? The orange or the yellow?" I held it in her face and she grabbed the yellow one. "Yeah this really does look better." She smiled at me as she stood. I picked her up, making my way to pay for the bows. "You're daughter is so cute." The cashier said, giving me a smile. "Oh thank you so much." I took the bag and walked out the store going into a toy store.

"I see your eyes on those sharks." She ignored me and stretched her hands to them. In here was noisy as hell, so many damn kids. I was about to pick up the toy but my phone rang. It's so early to be Micheal but when I checked, it was him.

"Hey! You called early." I heard noise in the background.

"Yeah I figured I should call now because I may not be able to see you on the tablet any time soon."

I frown. "But why not?"

"Turn around." I turned seeing him there, standing with a big smile on his face. "You gonna stand there or give me a hug." He chuckled. "Dada!!!" I placed her down as she waddles to him, her legs getting stronger. "Look at my princess walking!!" He picked her up, giving her a big kiss then looked at me. "Room for one more."

I hugged him tight, kissing his cheek. "I missed you so much, gorgeous." He whispered to me. "I missed you too." We were about to kiss for the very first time but then Andrea pushed our heads apart. "TARK." She pointed the toy sharks. "Right, let's buy them and go home."