Chapter 9

Nothing unusual happened at work. I danced to my songs, some of them were new others were the same go to songs. I did incorporate a couple of new dance moves since I had been practicing them during the weekend. I managed to buy a portable pole that I could install in the living room while Pia was out.

A regular client of mine named Scott stopped by the lounge today for an hour. He typically tipped while I danced but today, after my dance he immediately asked for a private room. I guess Elijah's words got to him. Scott took charge and went for what he wanted which was me.

Typically, nothing heavily sexual could take place in the rooms but from what I've heard from the other girls, it's okay as long as you dont get caught. I wanted to stay on the safe side so I resorted to doing a lap dance while topless. It drove Scott crazy, especially since I allowed him to have his hands on my waist. Towards the end, he handed me $200 dollars. That was the biggest tip I received that night, meaning it was a slow night. Chanel assured me that it's normal and at some point there is a dip in tips and a plateau is hit.

I expected Elijah to come in with his sulking expressions but he never showed up. I found it a blessing since I didnt want to be intimidated or confused. He had left me in such an uncomfortable situation. Elijah looked at me like he wanted me, but his actions expressed otherwise.

The next few days went smoothly considering that I had work and classes to juggle. It was just the first week so I didnt expect to be doing a lot of school work. On Tuesday and Friday, Xavier and I met up at the library to go over all the math material. He wasnt as lost as I thought he would be, then again he said he spent a lot of time trying to understand the material. At some point I told him that he should tutor me instead. Of course he made a joke about whether I wanted to fail the class.

"Are you free this weekend, anytime in the evening?" He asked, closing his text book.

"Not really, I work this weekend."

"Every night?"

"Yup," I sighed.

"Dont you get out late? How do you get home?"

"I walk," I said as I shrugged. "Though, I'm saving up for a little car."

"I could pick you up every night if you'd like." He flashed a friendly smile and rubbed my hand. "I want you to be safe."

I didn't move away and instead, embraced the touch of his hand. I had never been touched in such a careful and warm manner. I've been intimiate before but it was all lust ridden, nothing more. In a way, I thought I didnt deserve to be truly loved because I saw how Hal treated my mother and always believed I was bond to the same fate.

I tilted my head to the side and sighed. "I dont want to bother you. I'll be okay, I promise." I wouldve loved to be picked up after work, but I was just starting to get to know Xavier. I couldn't tell him that I was a stripper, let alone working at a strip club.

He opened his mouth but I quickly spoke, "Speaking of work, I should head out. I need to be there by 5:45." I packed up my belongings and threw my backpack over my shoulder.

"Can I give you a ride?" He offered.

"You are relentless," I said as I cross my arms.

"You are stubborn," he quipped.

As much as I wanted to cover my ass, I didnt want to make Xavier feel like an ass for being nice. I wasn't responsible for the way he felt, but I was his friend and didnt want to hurt him. I could always have him drop me off behind the building.

"Fine, let's go," I said as I opened the door for him.

The car ride consisted of me telling him where to go. My cheap phone was malfunctioning so I couldn't direct him through the GPS. He handed me his phone but I didnt want him to have the exact address of the place. After some bickering and unnecessary turns, we made it to the back of the building. There wasnt much that could give away that the place was a strip club. There were two large dumpsters and a few cars which belonged to Ronny and the girls.

I opened the car door and he leaned over. "So, what time should I pick you up?" He smirked and raised his eyebrow.

"I'll see if I can get a ride from a coworker," I said.

"Its really not a big deal."

"I'll text you, okay?"

He rolled his eyes. "No, you're not."

"Yes, I will."

He pursed his lips in disbelief. "Uhuh."

I smiled and waved goodbye as he drove away. Once he was out of sight, I held onto my bag and ran inside the building. Ronny didnt care that I was running late since he still gets paid the house fees regardless if I came at 6 or 11 PM, but I cared. I became frugal with my money after getting kicked out and wanted to make it last.

Around 6:30 PM, I danced to a few songs and only made about fifty dollars. None of the big league men were in yet, they usually strolled in once the clock hit 9 PM. At that time, their kids are asleep, their wives are taking their late night bubble baths, and they were ready to come out and play.

As expected, the business men strutted in around 9:30 PM. It being a Friday meant that the men were more lively than usual since they didnt have to go into work the next day. Friday usually were my lucky days, and I hoped I would win the jackpot tonight.

I preformed to the same songs and danced the same moves as earlier this evening. All the men that were in a 6 weren't at the club anymore so I was able to reuse everything and still impress the new men.

I walked around the lounge with Rhaea and Junniper, caressing our wealthy clients. A lot of the men just gave me big tips for being a college student and others tipped me for being handsy with them. It was almost empowering to have my kind of job. I could easily control these men with the wave of my hand and have them give me anything I wanted, which was money.

I had been seated on an older gentleman's lap, kissing his neck and whispering in his ears in foreign languages. His favorite was when I whispered in Spanish, "Do you want more?" He immediately stood up and cupped my waist.

We were walking away from the lounge when I heard someone call out my stage man. I looked back and saw Ronny motioning me to talk to him.

I caressed the man's arm. "Give a minute, that's my boss."

"Dont worry, doll. I'll be here, waiting." He gave me a quick once over and licked his lips. I'll admit it, I didnt like it when men portrayed animal like characteristics. It made me feel like a piece of meat but I couldn't expect much from working at the lounge.

"What's up?" I asked Ronny, who looked a bit concerned and confused.

"A man requested a private room with you."

"Okay... where is he?"

"He's already in the room."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "That's weird."

He shrugged. "Its not that common to request a room, typically clients will ask you directly. You must've left an impression on him," he said as he winked.

"I guess," I whispered, feeling a bit uncomfortable with the idea of walking into a room and meeting a man I dont know.

"You dont have to," Ronny reassured. "You're pretty much you're on boss."

"I know... I'm going to go check it out."

He rubbed my arm to reduce my nerves. "Itll be okay."

I gave him a sheepish smile and notified the older gentleman that a client had already booked a private room with me. He scoffed and stormed away. I could hear his complaints to Ronny as I walked down the dark hallway.

I exhaled deeply as I opened the door, only to reveal someone I didnt want to see at the lounge.

"Oh my God," I whimpered.