Chapter 48

It wasnt the best sleep I had considering how much had been racing through my mind. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and found that I had no new messages. I threw my phone across the bed and huddled under my comforter.

A wave of anger and sadness engulfed me. What was Elijah doing that had him MIA for so long? It was unlike him. A part of me was convinced he was in trouble, but then I would hope Nicholas would notifying me. Another part thought that he no longer cared about me.

I stayed in bed for as late as I could. Pia would knock on the door here and there but decided to enter my bedroom around one o'clock. She knew it was unlike me to stay in bed for so long so she figured I was not in a good headspace.

"Get up, cupcake," she said as opened the door.

"No," I groaned.

"Come on," she said, yanking the comforter off me. "I need to show you something."

"What is it?" I mumbled.

"Its in the living room."

Could it have been Elijah? Did he finally remember me? I jumped out of bed and ran into the living room. There was nobody and nothing usual.

"You're a liar," I snarled.

She rolled her eyes and walked over to the couch to grab her phone. She handed it to me with her text messages on display.

Nicholas:
12:05 PM: Pia, I have not heard from Elijah first hand, but Felix tells me that he is constantly on the move. They're on a mission to complete this case. I hope this is enough to ease your minds.

"Well, is it?" Pia asked.

"I'm still annoyed."

"Sometimes when I'm on a working high, I forget to check my phone."

"Yeah, but not for more than 24 hrs."

Pia shrugged and nodded. "You have a point."

"I dont get it," I sighed.

Pia placed her hand on my shoulder and looked me deep in the eyes. "Fuck Elijah for now. This is our night to have fun. We will drink, eat, and dance our night away. I promise!"

It was hard to not think about him for the next few hours. Though, Pia tried her hardest to distract me with snacks, movies, girl talk, and playing dress up. Pia looked like a model in her playboy bunny costume. She was finishing up my hair when my phone started buzzing.

"Is it Elijah?" She asked, excited.

I looked at my phone in confusion. It was Chanel. I hadn't talked to her, Ronny, or any of the girls in weeks.

"Hello!" I chirped.

"Hey, babe! How are you doing? I know it's been a while, but I was wondering if you still had my pink, glittery stilettos? I really need them for my costume today. The strip club is doing a Halloween theme today."

"Give me a second," I said as I ran into my room and checked my closet. I did have them. I'm surprised that she had let it go for weeks. "Yes, I do have them."

"Awesome! Its 7 PM now and I go on in about an hour. Can you bring it then?"

"Of course! Itll be nice to see you again!"

"Definitely!"

I walked back into Pia's room and sat down on the chair so she could add the last final touches. "You're going to have to head to the party without me. I need to go to the strip club to drop some shoes off."