Chapter 31

"Chilling in the apartment, binge watching Schitts Creek, popcorn and candy, what can go wrong?" Xavier asked, handing me the bowl of popcorn.

There was a knock at the door and I whipped my head in nervousness.

"Its just pizza," Xavier informed with a soft voice.

"I feel like a fragile doll that you guys need to handle with care. I'm really sorry about the way I've been acting," I sighed, looking down at the bowl.

"Babe, don't worry about it. We all have our days," pia sympathized. "We just want to make sure you're okay."

"Thanks guys, you're all the best."

"We know," they replied in unison.

We all laid somewhat uncomfortably on the same couch but the fact that I was surrounded by people that loved me overrode any physical uncomfort.

We were about 5 episodes into season one when my phone vibrated. I reached over for it, expecting to have received a junk email from GWU but it was actually a PayPal notification. I had received $2,000 from Elijah.

My eyes widen and I maneuvered my way out of the couch to open the actual notification in my room. "I'll be back," I mumbled.

I sat on the edge of the bed and opened up the notification to get more details. There was a chance Elijah wrote a note.

1st week of payment & a bit more.
Take care, baby.

I stared at my phone is disbelief. Had it really just been one week with Elijah? I threw myself on the bed and gazed at the ceiling. The week had been so jam packed with people, emotions, and chaos that it had felt like it's been a month. Also, I didn't expect Elijah to pay me since I was his girlfriend now and not a sugar baby. I thought we were going to discuss jobs at some point.

Morena:
Thanks for the payment. You didn't have to do that.

There was an instant reply.

Elijah:
We agreed there will be a payment every Friday, and you're welcome.

Morena:
Yes, but if I was your sugar baby. I'm your girlfriend. People don't pay for girlfriends.

Elijah:
I want to take care of my girlfriend.

I placed my phone over my chest and sighed. He was still my boyfriend and I was still his girlfriend regardless of this break. The problem wasn't him, the problem was me. There would be no reason for me to permanently break up with him. If anything, I'm the problematic one and he should be breaking up with me.

I decided to call him. I wanted to hear his voice.

"Morena," he replied, happily.

"I wanted to hear you voice," I admitted.

He chuckled. "Good, I wanted to hear your voice too."

"What are you up to?" I asked.

"I'm going to head over Felix's place. He wants to have a steak and beer night. What are you doing?"

"I'm just having a movie night with Pia and Xavier."

He sighed and didn't speak as immediately. "I'm glad. How are you doing?"