Chapter 51

Warning: Long chapter that includes a violent gun scene.

As I rose from the heaviest slumber, I tossed and turned on the bed only to realize that I was alone in Elijah's bed. I wore his casual white tshirt but that was the only trace of him. I slowly peeled myself off the bed, only to stumble lightly due to the dizziness that lingered from last night.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and searched through my messages.

Pia:
4:21 AM: WOW. I had a great night! Did you go back to your man's place? 😏

Xavier:
5:55 AM: I dont remember much of last night but I'm sorry if it didnt go as expected.

I tossed my phone on to the bed and walked out to the living room. I peeked my head out to see if Elijah was around. He was fast asleep on the couch with a blanket barely covering his bare chest.

I sighed in annoyance as I walked over in attempt to fix the blanket. He helped me last night through one of the top worst experiences of my life, I had to repay him in some way despite him cheating on me.

Though, my attempts to making him comfortable only woke him up. He slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes with his finger tips. He stared at the clock that hung on the wall and sighed. "Its still pretty early. Let's go lay on my bed? I'm exhausted."

"You're never exhausted," I commented.

"Well, it's been a hard couple of days," he said, laying back on the couch. "Lay with me," he mumbled.

"No, I'm not going to lay with a cheater. I'm going home."

"Morena, I didn't cheat on you. I would never do that to you," he said in annoyed tone as he sat back up again. He reached his arms out and pouted. "I missed you like crazy."

"You were the one ignoring me!" I yelled, slapping his arms away. "I missed you. I called you. I texted you. You never once responded so don't give me that crap. Like I said, if you didnt want to be with me all you had to do was say so."

"I'm sorry for ignoring you. Honestly, I was doing this all for you." He looked down on the floor and exhaled.

"Doing what for me? Cheating?" I couldnt believe what I was hearing.

He snapped his back and rolled his eyes. "Finishing this case. I thought that if I focused on it then I could get it out of the way. I was so close to getting one step closer to closing it but then you got in the way."

My eyebrows shot up and I took a step back. "I got in the way? Why dont you stop with the bullshit? I saw you at a strip club with Karina. Getting all handsy. You're the one in the wrong, not me! I saw you!" The fact that he was trying to blame me for his actions enraged me. I ran back to his room and looked for my puke soaked clothes. I rather wear those and run home than stay another second listening to a liar.

Elijah closed the door behind him. "What you saw was not what you think you saw..."

"Oh my God! Are you serious? Are you really trying to lie to my face again?" I pulled up my pants. They weren't too bad which I was grateful for considering the circumstances.

"Morena, I did not cheat on you!" He said, banging at the wall for emphasis.

Had it been any other man banging on the wall I would've run far away and hide, but it was Elijah and I knew that he wouldn't hurt me. He was angry at himself.