Chapter 50

An hour into the party, I felt the brownie kicking in. Xavier said since I was a first timer that it might hit be hard since I'm not used to the effects. I was at a good place though. I felt relaxed and overall, happy. Elijah wasn't on my mind nor was the negative things that were haunting me the past few days. It was all I needed at the time.

Pia and I became a crowd pleasure when we stood on a coffee table and started dancing on each other. It was definitely a lot more sloppy than the dance I did with Chanel, granted we were high and had a good amount of alcohol in our systems. We were having fun and that was all that mattered.

At some point, a older look college student, presumably a senior, grabbed Pia by the hand and pulled her down. I reached for her but she was giggling as he wrapped her arms around her.

"Pia!" I said, holding my hand out.

She looked at me with lustful eyes and with a wide smile. "Its okay, he's in one of my classes!"

I stood on the coffee table and watched her float away with the stranger. She kept looking back as he whisked her away and gave me an assuring nod until I could no longer see her. Another college student was influenced by Pia's capturer and attempted to yank me off the table.

"Get off!" I yelled.

"Let's dance in private," the guy laughed. He managed to get me down and his friends circled around me.

"Fuck off," I snarled.

"Just thought we could have some fun," the guy said with an annoyed tone.

"Hey, leave her alone," I heard a male voice call out from the crowd. Xavier nudged his way through the circle of drunk guys and grabbed my arm. "You're okay," he said as he shoved through all the sweaty bodies and putrid stench of alcohol.

We managed to walk out of the frat house and find a vacant spot on the limited amount of grass. There were some couples around us making out but we minded our business. We were just glad to get away from all the toxicity.

"Thanks for saving me," I whispered and looked at him with apologetic eyes.

"No problem. I'm sorry for those assholes. They can get rough when they're drunk. I couldnt let them hurt my partner in crime," he joked as he pointed at our costumes.

I laid on the grass and let out a loud sigh of relief. Everything felt like a vintage movie. My sight became hazy, the yellow of the street lights seemed to have saturated the colors around me, and the edges of my vision were darkened. It was a peaceful feeling when I was looking at one thing, the sky, but it became too much when I was surrounded by a tsunami of drunk college students.

"How are you holding up? Did something happen earlier?" Xavier asked, cautiously laying down next to me.

"I went to the strip club to drop some shoes off only to find Elijah with his ex. I did a lesbian strip tease to piss him off but I just ended up feeling like crap."

"It didnt look like what you did in the frat house, right?" He crack a laugh.

I placed my hand on my stomach and laughed. "No way."

"Mo, you deserve to be happy. You deserve to only be laughing and smiling," Xavier said in a low voice.

"Thank you... you deserve to be happy too."

"I think we --"

"Oh shit," I squealed as I saw a black jeep Cherokee zooming down the street and drifting into a park spot by the sidewalk.

Elijah slammed his door closed and walked towards the frat house with a predatory look on his face. "Morena!" He yelled as he surveyed the front lawn.