Chapter 29

Elijah and Xavier both made their way towards me but I shook my head and waved them off. I didn't want their comfort. I wanted answers.

"What happened to her?" I asked, angrily. I kept wiping the tears that were on my face away but more and more appeared as I thought about Pia being gone.

"She's at the police station," Felix informed.

"Who keeps dead bodies at the police station?" Xavier asked, annoyed.

Felix narrowed his eyes and laughed. "She's not dead. She's in custody. She was busted in a basement filled with money and drugs, most likely cocaine."

I catapulted out of the couch and charged towards him before Elijah stepped in and brought me into a tight embrace. "Calm down," he whispered. "I know you're angry and upset but--"

I attempted to break out of his grasp, but I was too weak. "But nothing!" I yelled. "He saw that I was distressed and he decided to keep going with sick joke despite seeing me in tears. He's a shit friend, Elijah!"

Felix smirked and crossed his arms slowly. He seemed entertained by my rant and name calling. He annoyed me at the club and he did a great job of keeping the same impression.

"I had to," Felix said and shrugged. "It's funny."

"Felix, It's not funny. You need to respect her," Elijah said.

A loud, derisive laugh escaped his lips. "Whatever you say. Let's head to the police station. I've already called Nicholas to meet us down there."

Elijah released me and I fast-walked by Felix. I made a sudden stop and when I sensed he was behind me, I rammed my elbow into his side. Xavier ran towards me and patted my back. "Good one."

"What the fuck, man? Did you see that?" Felix whined to Elijah.

There was a subtle chuckle and then he replied, "No."

Xavier and I sat on uncomfortable plastic seats while Elijah and Felix spoke to Nicholas. The three of them were expressionless so I couldn't get an idea of what was going on. After 10 minutes, Nicholas patted Elijah on the shoulder and disappeared down the hall.

Elijah headed towards me and I jumped out of my seat. "What's going on?"

"They're going to question her now. Nicholas decided to be her lawyer, just in case anything happens. All for free, of course."

I clasp my hands together in a prayer position and close my eyes. "Thank you!"

"I'm sorry about Felix. He's trying to get back at me for not telling him that I was dating you."

I crossed my arms and glared over towards his direction. Felix had been staring at us with a smug smile. "God, why is he such an ass? Why do you associate with that?"

Elijah paid no mind to Felix and shrugged. "He's a good guy. He hides it pretty well though, but no one has been there for me like Felix has been."

I loosen my arms and rolled my eyes. "Fine, I forgive him."

Elijah placed a kiss on my forehead, his lips lingered for a few seconds longer than usual. He exhaled deeply and brought me into a protective hug.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I should be asking you that," he replied, lowly.

"I've been better."

"I'm on the same boat."

Thirty minutes later, Nicholas appeared from the hallway and Pia straggled behind. I ran towards her and gave her a bear bug. "You nearly gave me a heart attack! I thought you were dead!"