Chapter 18

Xavier didn't ask me about my whereabouts last night. He understood he didn't have the right to know anything, I wasn't his girlfriend. I did plan on telling him about Elijah, I just needed to find the exact words to describe our relationship.

The three of us didn't do much, we spent our time binge watching halloween movies since it was October. Xavier mentioned that his frat was going to be throwing a Halloween party in two weeks and he expected me and Pia there. It was on a Friday, which was the day dedicated to Elijah so I didn't know how I was going to get out of that.

"We should go buy our costumes right now. We still have an hour before the car technician," Xavier suggested.

"How are we going to get there?" I asked.

"Uber," he said, shaking his phone.

"Why couldn't you take an uber home last night then?" Pia questioned.

"Did you not enjoy my company?" He asked.

She rolled her eyes and continued eating her sour gummies. Xavier wasn't necessarily Pia's cup of tea. She liked her men mature and almost knight in shining armor who wears a leather jacket. Xavier was nothing like that. He was sweet, goofy, and transparent.

Instead of being pent up at the apartment and dreading the possible interaction between Xavier and Elijah, I agreed to going to a Halloween store. There were some college students at the store, all taking pictures of possible Halloween costumes and sending them to their friends.

"We should do a couple's costume," Xavier suggested and pointed to a couple's pirate costume. "Arrrrr you going to agree with me?"

"No," I laughed. "I have never dressed up for Halloween."

Pia and Xavier faced me, their jaws nearly touching thr floor. "Never!"

I shrugged. "Nope, my mom never bought me a costume and never saw the purpose of knocking at stranger's doors for candy."

"Okay, then you have to dress up," Pia said and handed me bunny ears. "How about playboy bunnies?" She gave me a wink. "I'm sure Elijah would like that," he whispered close to ear as she nudged me.

I clenched my thigh and recalled the morning we had. My private was sore, but it was a pleasurable type of discomfort.

"Or red jesters!" Xavier said in excitement, handing me the plastic bag. "Hot girl outfit and a scary guy outfit. That's us right there."

Pia looked at me awkwardly.

"Sure," I said, unsurely. I handed him forty dollars for the costume. It was hard to say no when he was excited and also, if I bought my costume I wouldn't feel so bad if I bailed on the Halloween party.

"Cool, I'll go pay," he said and walked away.

Pia crossed her arms. "Girl, are you really going to juggle two guys?"

"What? Xavier and I are just friends, I'm going to tell him about Elijah at some point. Elijah and I are involved but we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend."

"He stuck his dick in you and is cooking a dinner for you tonight, plus having you stay over the night. He's your man." She snatched the bunny ears that I was holding and grabbed another pair. "And we will be bunnies this year," she demanded and went to go pay.

The three of us arrived at the apartment complex in time for the car technician to change the tire. He said it would take about 15 to 30 minutes to change the tire. I prayed that it would be the former considering Elijah was going to arrive at 6 and I didn't have the impression he was going to come a minute late.