I : Walls Miles High

Demi's POV

She kissed my cheek to wake me up. I frowned, turning around. "Babe." I hated when she called me that. I had told her many times not to, she wouldn't listen. "We have that party tonight." She began, as she sat on my bed trying to revive me. "I don't want to go." I state, still not opening my eyes. "It's my uncle's birthday." "Aren't you guys twice removed?" "Well, yes, but we're a big family." "And that's exactly why I don't want to go. There's no point." "Babe, please." She pleaded. "Ugh." I sat up, my back facing her. I headed to the bathroom, pulling my white shirt straight. I looked at myself in the mirror. I wiped my long brown curly hair behind my shoulder and watched the hickeys she had made on my neck and collarbone. Now I had to remove these with make up for the party. What is she, twelve? I kept staring at the bruises as I heard her walking into the bathroom. She started to observe my hair, caressing it carefully. She then looked at the hickeys and grinned. "Those are beautiful. A true masterpiece." She started to mark them with kisses. I held my head diagonal, letting her enjoy my skin for a little while. I rolled my eyes. Was this supposed to turn me on or something? I looked at her through the mirror as she sucked my neck like a baby sucking her mom's nipples.

Don't get me wrong, there was a time when I did enjoy all of it. All of her, if you will. But I had grown somewhat tired of her. I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe this relationship simply didn't suit me. The hesitation has been taking place for more than three weeks now. Her name was Wen. Asian appearance and I'm not going to lie, she's hot. Hair as black as nightmarish tar. But our relationship was rather pointless to me. It was probably my fault, she really did her utter best. The more I paid attention to it, the more it started to annoy me.

My eyes were still stuck on the mirror until her hands caressed from my shoulders to my jaws. She grabbed them and pressed her lips against mine. She couldn't read me. She didn't notice how much I wasn't in the mood to be all kissy. Her lips played the salsa with me until I let out a subtle cough. She pulled away and looked at me. It was the first time I saw a bit of concern in her eyes. I showed a small smile, as I kind of admired her scared eyes. I lowered my head just a little to look her straight in the eyes. "Get dressed." I said softly.

After working a good eight hours, I was tired as hell. Picking the fresh autumn apples wasn't my favorite thing to do, but a job is a job. I wasn't disgusted by dirty work. I didn't mind getting filthy or sweaty. I placed my bag on the table, kicking off my mud-covered boots. "There you are." Wen greeted me with a smile. "Hi, sweetie." I gave her a kiss and hopped upstairs. "Where are you going?" "Need to dress up for the party, we can't be late." "So you're going?" "Yeah." I didn't want to go to that party, but Wen sort of forced me. She had this habit of telling her family every bad thing about me. All though they have never met me. I relied on a perfect first impression. Not that it mattered that much.

Selena's POV

"A coke." I placed the glass down as well as the bottle. "Thank you, dear." I gave a smile and walked back to the bar. "Selena." My boss stormed out of the kitchen and joined me behind the bar. "Yes?" "How many times have I told you to place the bottle down with the brand facing the guest." I looked up at him, as he looked at me with a stern face. I looked back at what I was doing, avoiding eye contact. "You're right. I'm sorry." "You better. I don't want to see that mistake again." He padded my shoulder and made a drink for himself. "Would you mind working a few extra hours today." "I wish I could, but my dad is celebrating his birthday today. I need to help with the preparations." "It's fine, I'll call Thomas." "Thanks." "Miss?" The lady near the bar held up her hand. I quickly grabbed my plate and walked into her direction. "Can I help you?" "Are you the one who made this coffee?" "Yes, ma'am." I looked a bit confused at her. "You can take it back. It's horrible." "How so?" "It's tasteless and I am definitely not drinking coffee from someone who can't even keep her clothes clean." She pointed at my apron. I looked a few stains I made after working in the kitchen for a while. The disrespect this woman had towards me was infuriating. I wanted to get mad and yell at her or throw her out of the shop. But of course, my body didn't do what my head wanted. "I'm really sorry." I spoke, taking the cup of coffee. "Would you like a new one?" "No, I'm out of here." She got up and walked out of the shop herself. I placed the cup the bar, a bit harshly. "Well, that was polite of you." My boss spoke a bit surprised. "I hate that woman." I snarled angrily. "Normally I would encourage people to stay this respectful, but why didn't you come up for yourself?" "I don't know. I just can't."