XXII : Breaking Down

Selena's POV

I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins after pressing the doorbell. It's God's wonder that my alarm clock woke me up. I wouldn't dare to oversleep. I could feel myself shaking and sweating. I had not a single clue what I could expect from the girl I sent dozens of voicemails to yesterday. It was immensely stupid of me and I probably made things ten times worse. I jumped out of my thoughts when I heard the door to her living room closing. A silhouette was visible through the stained glass of her wooden front door. It took her a little while to open the door, which made everything worse to me.

Her hair was in a ponytail and she wore baggy clothes. The bags under her eyes gave away the lack of sleep. Didn't she silence her phone after all? She looked me in the eyes and then scanned me. I probably looked worse than she did. Way worse. I didn't take the time to shower yesterday and I didn't eat breakfast so I was probably pale. "You're not dead after all. Even though you look like shit." She stated. "I.." She didn't let me reply. Instead, she turned around and crouched down to grab my boxes of stuff. Was she worried I had died? I could feel her anger in the way she pushed the boxes in my hands. She already attempted to close the door without saying goodbye. "Wait!"

She looked at me, waiting. I quickly scrambled through the box and took out the whip. The whip she had used when she went too far, even though I deserved it. "I uh.. I wanted you to keep this.." I showed it to her, attempting to hand it to her. It was my most precious weapon, and I wanted to give it away to the person who dropped me for dead. I had mixed feelings about it myself. She looked at it without emotion. "I don't want your psychopathic weapons." She stated, looking me dead in the eye. If looks could kill. I placed the whip back in the box. 'I'd like you to give me the contact info of the people who destroyed my home." She demanded. "I don't have it..." She rolled her eyes, taking another attempt to close the door. "C-can't we at least talk? I didn't arrange that rob-" "There's nothing to talk about, Selena."

"There is. There are tons of things I could say.. I want to start off by apolo-" "You have apologized. And you have said the things you could say. In fact, you spammed me, all night, with not one, not two, but TWENTY voicemails before you passed out drunk." "You listened to them..?" "Of course I did! I thought something bad had happened to you!" She sounded even angrier than before. "Stop making me worry about you and just leave me the hell alone." She snarled. "You can't just.. leave me like this.." I felt the tears creeping into my eyes again. I had promised myself not to cry in front of her again. "I.. I can show you the stripes if it pleases you." "Your self-harm doesn't please me in any way. I think you need to get professional help." She raised her eyebrows and nodded. "Now please stop talking to me. And stop sending me texts, calls or voicemails. If you show up again, I'm calling the police." She now slammed the door shut. Leaving me behind.

It's like something switched inside of me. The feelings I got for her had turned so negative. I hated her. She had turned into this stone cold bitch and I hated her. I had never loved and hated someone at the same time in my life. She had completely blocked me out of her life after one mistake. She had accused me of robbing her house without proper proof. Her image of me had turned bad way too quickly. It's like she had held me hanging on a thin thread before she'd cut it. As if she would have banned me out of my life any second. I could feel my fists clenching. She seriously hasn't seen the last of me. I wanted to make her life a living hell. I wanted to hunt her. I wanted to take that jump on top of her fragile body before ripping out her throat with my teeth. I wanted to take back the blood she had claimed from me. I wanted her blood, instead.