XI : A Safe Hand

Selena's POV

She walked towards her chair to take the wooden spoon from the seat. I heard her footsteps, but her movements were too graceful to hear her grab it. My senses were sharp, yet I was too nervous to fully process what she was doing. In a second, she placed her hand on my shoulder. I don't know if she did it to support me, or to get a better grip on the strikes she'd make. I gulped, focussing on her warm hand. "For each punishment, I want you to count with me." She demanded with a stern voice. "Yes, ma'am."

A shock went through my body when I felt the spoon hitting my hip the first time. It scared me so badly that my body jumped. Her hand remained in the same place, and even put pressure to keep me still. Did she know I would move? I almost forgot to count. "One." Another hit. "Two. Three." It wasn't as I expected at all. All I could think of was how I could have let Natalie take my phone. I felt so guilty about it. How I disrespected her. "Four." With each count, I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing myself as much as possible for the next hit. "Five.." My voice was soft. The tension disappeared. I could still feel my heart beating but I felt safe. She stepped in front of me again. "Do you have anything to say?" She asked, sounding less stern. "I'm sorry. I'm deeply sorry, Ma'am." I said quickly, but honestly. A small smile appeared on her face, satisfied with my submission. It made me happy.

She did something I never expected her to do. She opened up her arms and placed them over my shoulders. She pressed her chest against mine and placed her chin on my neck. She was so warm and she smelled so nice. My arms carefully embraced her middle. It was so comfortable. So nice. I could feel myself relax even more. I closed my eyes. It couldn't have been long enough, or she already pulled away. She gave me a slight smile. "Did you enjoy that?" She asked. She got me confused. "The.. The hug?" I asked. She grinned, showing her teeth like pearls. "No silly, I meant the punishment." "Oh. Yes." I nodded convinced. "Good. Would you like to sleep overnight?" She asked. I don't know why, but I could feel my heart beating faster. I didn't know what to expect of it. Seeing her sleep or her seeing me sleep. If I would be able to sleep at all. I nodded with a smile. "Cool." She opened the door to the hallway. It's like she felt comfortable with me as well. It felt good.

"My window's opened up
Tonight I'm crawling out
Will you be there, are you waiting?
Will you be there, will you save me?"

Tiffany Giardina

She had given me pajamas and a toothbrush, as we prepared for bed in silence, just like we were used to from each other. The shirt I wore smelled just like Demi, and I don't know why but it felt like an honor to wear it. "Or you can sleep naked." She teased before she had handed them to me. It was simply because there was no other option, but normally she wouldn't even allow me to wear my shoes inside her house. She was quite strict. Minutes past, as we eventually ended up in her double bed. "Comfortable?" She asked in a caring way. I nodded with a smile. She had broken the silence. "Did you enjoy.. you know.. punishing me?" I asked. She nodded. "Why?" I guess I never really understood why people would enjoy hurting others.

"I guess I just like having the power and authority. I like it that someone actually wants me to hurt her. It's not like I like hurting anyone, just the people who want to be hurt. It feels like I have control over someone, but also over myself and my body." She tried to explain. I listened to every detail she said, trying to understand. "Do you feel like you have no control?" I asked. She grinned for a moment. "No, that's not it. I don't think there's a real reason to it." She shook her head. I nodded, telling her I understood. I never really knew why I liked pain either. I didn't have red flags that could tell me what made me like it.