XVI : I Am A Monster

Demi's POV

"You're quiet." Selena finally broke the silence during our ride home. "Aren't we always?" I asked. "Yes, but... It seems different this time." "You're good at picking up signals." I confessed, not going into further detail. I was planning on taking her to the forest to set some things straight. She didn't seem to understand a few things she had signed for. I was quiet for a reason. I didn't want to come across as mad, but somehow I still was. Selena frowned, looking at the road. "What did I do?" She asked after a few minutes. "You'll find out." I said shortly.

I parked the car in the parking lot in front of my house and got out. I opened Selena's door and looked her in the eyes for a moment, before turning around and walking away from my house. It took a little while before I could hear swift footsteps behind me to catch up. As soon as I could see her presence next to me, with her nervous smile facing me, I shortly looked at her. "No." I said boldly. Her presence fell behind me again. I didn't allow her to walk next to me.

The sidewalk turned into gravel road. The houses turned into trees. We eventually arrived at the place where we found our world together. The open place where the moon had been clear between the leaves and branches of the trees around us. However this time, it was cloudy, yet still shortly daytime. The sun would set soon. Our surrounding had taken an orange shade. Once in a while, I turned my head to Selena to see if she was still walking behind me. Her face turned more nervous every time my eyes met hers for a split second. I eventually stopped at the place where I hit her for the first time. The images of her pained face were still in my head. I fed off of it. Those wonderful images that gave a wonderful dominant feeling.

I stopped and turned around looking at her. Her eyes gave away the anxieties she had developed during our walk. "Do you know why we're here?" I asked. "No, ma'am." She confessed, looking at the ground. "The contract says you have to show respect and submission towards me at all times." "Didn't I?" "Do not interrupt me, you hear me?!" Her eyes quickly looked at the ground again. "Even during a conversation with someone else, you do not have the right to silence me. When I talk, you let me speak. And you certainly don't tell me to let someone finish." She let the words I told her sink in. "You're right. I'm sorry." She said, visibly agreeing with me. "What are the rules about apologizing?" I asked harshly. She looked surprised at me, not believing what I just said. The ground was dirty, wet and muddy and I just demanded her to kneel for me.

She gulped with a frown, before lowering herself to her knees and placing her hands on the ground. I looked at her, observing her. She made herself dirty for me. Lovely. The frown told me she didn't completely agree with me. She didn't agree with the fact that I forced her into submission every single time she broke a rule. She didn't agree with the fact that the rules were so strict she had to make herself dirty for it. And I loved it how she did it anyway, how she put her disagreements aside to please me. "I'm waiting." I said. "I apologize, ma'am. I didn't mean to disrespect you or break the rules in any way." "Very well." I said. She looked up at me, still with the frown stuck on her face. The frown was directed towards me this time. And this time it made me lose my patience.

In a swift move, I both crouched down and placed my hand in her neck, wrapping my fingers tightly around her skin. Her shoulders raised, being startled by it. "I do not tolerate such behavior, Gomez." I made clear, watching her bare her teeth for a moment. I quickly pushed her head down and placed my chin between her shoulder blades. I didn't even think of my actions, it was just pure instincts taking over. She groaned, trying to push me away. Luckily I was stronger. I pushed her back, both mentally and physically. She needed to know who's boss, and at the same time, I like seeing her fighting back.