XIX : Disgusting Whore

Selena's POV

Her stiffened body scared me. She stood in the middle of the mess. The TV was gone. Her stereos, her laptop, several worthy pieces of decorations. All gone. The whole place had been wrecked. Things had been pushed over, torn an broken. The CDs she bragged about during our ride to the beach had all been broken in pieces. This wasn't just a robbery, this was a personal attack. Who could've possibly done this?

"Demi.." "The vault..." Demi looked up from the ground, with tears in her eyes. She quickly ran upstairs, and I followed her again. The attackers didn't just plunder the ground floor. All drawers and closets were left wide open. Demi headed to her bedroom, as I stood still in the hallway, looking at the wall of our wrecked playroom. Someone had written on it with black paint. 'DISGUSTING WHORE.' I stared at it with wide eyes. Who in the world did this? Did she have enemies I didn't know about? Had she held back important information from me?

I was shaken out of my thoughts when I could suddenly hear a loud cry from her bedroom. Her cry grasped my throat. To hear her, the person who was everything to me, devastated like this, it touched me. I quickly ran to her, finding her kneeled on the ground, pointed at her open closet. She held her hands on her temples, crying loudly. I quickly fell on my knees next to her. The vault in her closet, one I had never seen before, stood wide open, empty. I looked at Demi, as her upper body directed to me. I caught her, pulling her in a tight hug. She trembled like a lamb. I had never seen her this weak before.

"You've taken everything that I want
'Til there's nothing left of me
And there's no one left to be
You're changing everything that I need
'Cause there's nowhere left to hide
When there's nothing to believe"

—Bridge To Grace

"They took everything." She sobbed. "Everything." Her voice was croaky and loud. My eyes pointed at the vault. Was it what they came for? Did Demi hide something in there? "What was in it?" I asked softly. "My savings. All of it. Everything I inherited, every redeemable present, everything." She cried. "We should call the police." "It's no use..." She shook her head. I sighed. She knew nothing of evil. She was innocent, and someone had just taken everything she had saved. "It was an attack. We can find out who did this." I stated, placing my hand on the back of her head.

It was the first time I felt it. This immense urge to protect her. To protect her at all costs. If Demi would've been home, would it have stopped them? What if she got killed? Who knows how big this hate is that caused this attack. How could anyone hate her this much? I could feel my fists clenching. I wasn't going to let anyone lay a hand on her, ever. I might be hers, but to me, she is definitely MINE.

"What?" I pulled away from my hug and looked her in the eyes. "They have written on the walls of the playroom. This isn't just a robbery. Someone attacked you for a reason. Who are your enemies?" I got up while talking, walking towards the playroom. Demi stood up, walking after me. "Wait, Selena, hold up. Why would you think I have enemies who would want to do this to me?" She asked, now looking at the writings on the wall. "This is why!" I pointed at the black paint. "So tell me who would do this, who hates you this much?" I asked, placing my hands on her shoulders. She looked around, confused. "N-no one.. I don't know.."

Demi's POV

It took us at least 4 hours to clean up the mess they had left. I had thrown away everything that was broken or torn with pain in my heart. I hated having to see all of my belongings go like trash. We laid in bed. Of course, I didn't sleep a wink at first. But luckily I managed to eventually catch a bit of sleep. The dream I had didn't seem to make my worries any less. I'm not sure where I was. I think I was in my own garden. I opened a door, and a vague figure was standing behind it. Deep crimson eyes stared into mine. I suddenly knew what she had done. She had taken everything from me. She had destroyed my house. I turned back around to see her, but the moment I did, I felt a sharp sting in my rib. So much fucking pain. Blood was on my hands. My own blood. I could see myself falling.