Chapter Two: Our Culture

(Picture above is what Afghan clothing looks like for those who don't know

(Picture above is what Afghan clothing looks like for those who don't know.)
(Hannah = is a dye prepared from the lawsonia inermis, temporary body art.)

DON'T BE A GHOST READER, VOTE/COMMENT MY LOVES

Dilara

We were all in a hurry to get to the hall. Noah and I got ready before everyone to get to the hall to check on everything. Knowing that usually the elders always come earlier than what we say, which is extremely annoying. The dress code was the traditional Afghan Clothing, I loved it, there were all sorts of colours, red, green and purple. My hair was in an updo, and I did my makeup neutral, I had false lashes on with a light pink shade and gold shinner in the middle on my eyelids. Finished off with bold red lipstick. Noahs looked like he normally would, his hair gelled back he was obviously wearing a black suit and red tie to match with my outfit.

I had a huge tray of roses on my lap and the Hannah in the back seat. We were a couple of minutes away from the hall. I kept catching Noah glancing at me like he has something to say but then immediately would shut his mouth again. I looked over to him "What is it?" I asked curious to know what was on his crazy mind.

"Nothing...you look nice...I mean really nice" He says glancing at me smiling then back on the road. Thats probably the nicest thing he's ever said to be. Well, he has before but it was always coded.

"Thank you, you don't look bad yourself." I smile.

He parked the car in front of the hall and we both got out. He took the Hannah tray from the back seat and we both walked inside the hall. I was amazed at the way they set up the hall. The whole placed was surround by cultural rugs and beautiful materials behind the bride and grooms chairs. Well, weren't exactly chair but cushions. With beautiful lights across the stage. My sister really went all out.

I place the tray by the chairs and Noah puts the tray with the Hannah on the other side of the table. I looked around and surprisingly there was no one, which was great so we had time to get the trays ready.

"Okay, so take the wrapper off the tray and place the candles around it," I say and Noah gives me a confused look.

"You want me to what?" He says. I shook my head and walk over to him pushing him aside.

"Never mind, I'll do it."

"I'll help." He sits on the stage and watches me place the candles around the Hannah bowl.

"Or watch..." I said while placing the last candle.

"Why didn't we have these parties? I mean we could've." He asked.

"I never wanted these fancy parties. I've always wanted a simple wedding and I got it. Real simple." I say.

"You amaze me." He says smiling then looking away. I raised my brow.