Chapter Eight: Our Friend

Noah

Noah

I woke up to Lara's beautiful face, she is absolutely breathtaking. Still can't believe she's mine. My phone beeped and I quickly turned it off not wanting to wake her up. It's not always that I get to see her like this. Never thought I'd have such a woman by my side, she truly one of a kind.

"Stop staring, its rude." I heard her angelic voice say

"Good morning beautiful," I kiss her lips

"Morning" she smiles making her hazel eyes sparkle

"I need to go to work early today, I'll see you tonight." I kissed her once more before getting up and taking a shower.

***

I got to work about an hour ago, it was a mess after we came back from our trip. The shares we needed had already been sold to someone else and we ran out of ideas for the graphics department.

"Mr. Shah, there's a gentleman out in the lobby saying he knows you and needs to speak with you." My assistant Mary said.

"Let him in." She nods and walks out of my office

Seconds later Idris walks in. "Idris, what brings you here." I say confused

"Hi to you too, and I would like to become your companies, graphic designer." He sits down

"No, we don't need a graphic designer. But thanks for the offer." I state continuing to flip through the portfolio

"This company needs me, I heard your not in a good position, especially the graphics department. So I thought-"

"I said no. If you don't mind I have lots of work to do." I look down at the papers

"Fine, but if you change your mind Lara has my number." He got up and left my office

"Damnit!" I mumbled. I hated that man. He's no good, I know it. For years he's been trying to get in between Lara and I. If only she could just see it.

***
After work, I got into my car and drove home. It was extremely late, I don't usually end this late but because it's been hectic lately I had to. I opened the door and dropped my keys in the bowl by the door.

I walked in to find Lara sitting on the couch with couldn't believe he was here.

"Hey." Lara came up to me and kissed my cheek

"Hello again Idris," I say through my clenched teeth

"Couldn't leave without seeing this beautiful woman." He places his hand on her shoulder and she moves knowing damn right I'd rip his hand off.

"It's getting late," I say sitting on the couch in front of him

"I can't possibly drive back now, it's late and the rain is heavy. Would it be okay with you two if I stayed just for the night."