Our Unexpected Gift

Dilara

After what had happened two days ago I couldn't have a proper conversation with Idris. It felt different to be around him like I'm doing something wrong. I couldn't tell Noah, he'd freak out. I was the reason why he got hired in the first place, he did it for me and if I told him about what had he said, he would've... I don't even want to think of what he would've done.

Due to this stress I've been sick to my stomach lately, been calling in sick for the past two days. I noticed that I gained a couple of pounds which is shocking considering I go to the gym three times a week, I've stressed lately about this whole situation. I keep thinking the only reason why he said those things were because he was drunk but usually people say things they've wanted to say, things they've bottled up when their drunk. I've always thought of Idris as my older brother, gross to even think about it like that.

My phone rang and the caller read my mother's name. The last person I want to talk to is her. I just needed to be away from everything and everyone for now.

I went downstairs to grab and ginger ale for my stomach, that'll probably calm it down. I walked into the kitchen.

"Oh my Gosh!" I jumped placing my hand on my chest.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you," Idris says sitting by the kitchen counter.

Too bad he's stuck here until he finds a place to stay.

"Thought you'd be apartment hunting today or somewhere," I mumbled the last part and walked over to the fridge to grab the ginger-ale

"Yeah, I am, online. Listen, Lara, I didn't mean to weird you out like that the other day, I just-"

"Idris before you finish your sentenced, I've forgotten it and its best you should too."

"But Lara, I just couldn't lie to you anymore. I'm sick and tired of seeing you with him."

"If Noah finds out about your little show, he'll throw you out of that company and end you. I think its best for you to leave and stay somewhere else." I clenched my jaw.

"Fine. You're not going to be happy about this." He slams his fist on the table then walks away.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I placed my hand on my chest calming my nerves down.

*3 hours later*

Idris left about two hours ago, which was a relief. Now I just had to wait for Noah to get home so I could explain everything to him.

I heard the door open and slam shut and keys fall into the bowl. Seconds later Noah appears.

"Noah, I-" but before I could say anything he cut me off

"Not right now Lara," He says before heading upstairs. He was so angry.

I followed him up the stairs and into our room "Noah, is everything okay?" I worriedly asked

"No, nothing is okay. The company is in desperate need of a new associate, I need to go to Hong Kong immediately, without that deal we're going to get shut down by other companies that are with us." He says throwing his jacket on the floor

"Okay, how immediate? And for how long?" I asked

"Tomorrow, and I don't know could take up to weeks or even a month." He rubs his temple in frustration

"Okay, okay Noah calm down love, breath," I say walking up to him and placing my hands on each side of his cheeks. He wouldn't look at me in the eye.

"I will when everything gets better." He sighs

"And it will," I smile brushing my thumb on his cheek

"I'm exhausted, and I need to wake up early tomorrow." He pushes my hand away and goes into the washroom.

*Next morning*

I woke up early to take Noah to the airport. He rushed to the gate and we barely have time to say bye. He seemed off since yesterday, distant. He must've been extremely stressed about the company.

*Next Day*

I woke up and finally went to work today, I was trying to finish some of the scripts. I picked up the phone and tried to call Noah's phone to check if he'd landed. He picked up after the fourth ring.

"Hey, just checking up."

"Hey, yeah I just landed. Listen I have to call you back, have to head into the hotel." He says

"Yeah, okay. Call me." Is the last thing I said before he hung up.

I put the phone down and felt a little bit dizzy. I seriously needed to go get check cause this whatever this was needed to go. I couldn't focus without having the urge to vomit.

"Oh, dear lord," I whispered, I quickly got up and ran to summer my assistant

"Summer could you please call my doctor and ask him to schedule me in for 3 today." I politely asked

"Yes, Mrs. Shah."

***
After work, I got into my car and drove to my doctor's office. I parked my car and walked into the office. I sat in the waiting room and waited for my name to be called.

"Mrs. Shah, in room 3 please." I got up and walked into the room and took a seat in the chair.

Couple minutes went by and Dr. Suzy walked in, a middle-aged woman with blonde hair. She's been my doctor since I've moved here 3 years ago.

"Ah Dilara, how are you?" She cheerfully asked

"Hi Dr. Suzy, I'm good. I uh... I think that I'm pregnant." I said awkwardly

"Oh, I see, well we'll run some tests and find out for sure." She smiles patting my shoulder

***
"I'm surprised you didn't know before, but you're about 8 weeks along Dilara." Dr. Suzy says

"8 weeks!? Are you sure?" I asked again

"Yes sweetheart I'm sure, don't worry it's totally normal. Some don't know until even their a third month. You're a very busy women Dilara. Now I still need to book you in for your first ultrasound in a couple weeks, I'll be right back." She smiles leaving the room.

I've been so caught with work, the wedding and everything that I hadn't even noticed that there was a baby growing inside me. What kind of person am I?! This was totally unexpected clearly. What will I tell Noah? Are we even ready for this? I looked down at my stomach.

____________________________________
Authors Note 📝

Hey loves! There you go! What do you think? Dilara and Noah are having a baby! Is that exciting or what! Okay well keep on reading to find out how Noah takes this. Anywaysss don't be a ghost reader make sure to follow, vote and share my story loves!❤️

Follow my social media accounts below for more updates. 👇🏽

Instagram: _sarahaxox or saaraah.beauty
Twitter: _sarahaxox