Chapter Three: Our Gift

DON'T BE A GHOST READER, VOTE/COMMENT MY LOVES

Dilara

I woke up early and made breakfast for Noah and his mother, I told the maid to set the table when they wake up. She insisted that I make the food from now on because she says she loves when I cook, deep down I know she's trying to torture me.

I got ready for work. I wore my long black pencil skirt and black blouse. I put my hair up in a sleek ponytail and grabbed my purse before walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I heard Noah say from behind me.

I turn around and see him shirtless, his pants were way too low and hair messy. Oh gosh. I quickly looked away pretending to look at the folders in my hand.

"Work," I say still focusing on the papers.

"Then who's gonna stay with my mom?" I look up at him.

"Noah I need to go to work, I haven't been for two days because of you," I say which came out more of a whine.

"So take her with you, I have to be at a meeting in twenty minutes. We can't leave her alone Lara." He says walking towards me.

"Noah! I'll come back early! Please, I don't want to-"

"Good morning children!" Noahs mother beams.

"Good morning!" We both hesitate to say.

"Sweetheart go put a shirt on, Lara could you bring my pills I think I left them in the room." I nod, Noah and I both walk towards the bedroom.

"Noah, she's scary and she doesn't like me. So why would she agree to go with me?" I whisper.

"She loves you! And it's not like your at work all day you're there for a couple hours and then after I'll pick you guys up. You'll be fine Lara." He pats my back and leaves.

I hate him so much right now.  This is going to be the longest two hours of my life.

*Two hours later*

Thanks to Noah now the whole building knows I'm married. I have finally finished some of my meetings and book reviews.
I walk outside my office to find my mother-in-law sitting beside Summer.

"Okay, let's go. Noahs waiting outside for us." She nods and gets up from her seat.

"Goodbye Miss Summers, remember what I told you." She says to Summer and we both walk into the elevator.

"Now darling, I know this might be an awkward question but I really have to know."

Oh god. I nod.

"Are you having problems, Is everything okay?" She looks at me waiting for my answer.

"Of course everything's great," I say

"Well you know I'm not getting any younger darling, I need grandkids." Oh god, not this again.

"Well... Noah and I have been really busy with work. We haven't discussed this..." I say.

"What's there to discuss darling? Just do-"

Just then the elevator opened thank goodness. We both walked out of the elevator and towards the doors. I checked to see if Noah was outside and he was.

"Okay let's go, Noah is outside," I say walking out and holding the door for her.

"Our conversation isn't done yet Darling, we will pick up later." She smiled and got in the passenger seat.