CH. 34 Her and I

CH. 34 Her and I

(Dean POV)

We were in the kitchen, I just finished making Kimani and Kevin breakfast, Kevin still wasn't up yet. I did go check up on him and found him still sleeping on the bed.

I knew last night took a toll on all of us.
Kevin, Kimani and I.

Kimani had a nightmare, something I knew that was still bothering her right now this very minute.

She was sitting down, her legs on the chair, she leaned her arms on her knees and really wasn't looking at anything.

It was as if she was in a daze. I did ask her if she wanted to go back to sleep though and she said she didn't want to.

I can't blame her, sleep is when you're the most vulnerable.

When your guards are completely down and anything can happen to you.

I shook my head, not wanting to remember any more bad memories.

I brought the food towards the table, placing her breakfast in front of her including the same brand of tea that she likes, the tea that I remember that she made for me the first time we were together.

A smile appeared on her face.

"Look at you making Tea." She said giving me a beautiful smile.

I love it how something simple as making her Tea, could bring a smile like that to her face.

I lowered my head, bringing my lips to hers and giving her a kiss.

"You're so beautiful," I said and she laughed.

She pecked her lips right back on mine.

"Thank you." She said and I pulled away from her and looked down at her with a raised brow.

"For what?" I asked and she smiled.

"Just for being Dean Franco, for being the man who saved my life and for being the man who I want to spend the rest of my life with, including the afterlife." She said.

Honestly. I use to think the books I would read or the movies I would watch was all lies.

You know the ones were they have a character heart fluttering because of what someone says or does. When they heave their heart beating or clenching because of a person.

I thought those were all just made believe, just part of a fantasy until I met her.

Well, until I kidnapped her.

I laughed. "The afterlife huh?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Yeah, not leaving your side." She said smiling and taking a sip of her Tea.

"That's fine with me," I said looking at her with a serious expression.

Her eyes widen, looking at me, she knew that I was completely serious. I was never letting her go and I forbid her to ever let me go either. She wasn't going anywhere and to be quite honest. I don't think I would even let her.

"That's fine with me also." She said, looking at me with a serious expression matching mine, that look she was giving me had so many meanings. The look she was giving me had let me know that she knew what I was thinking about and was fine with that.

I knew that Kimani was down to be by my side no matter what and I wanted her to know that I felt the same way when it comes to her.

That I am going to be by her side and protect her no matter what.