CH. 45 Breakfast with the Family

CH. 45 Breakfast with the family.

(Kimani POV)

You know what they say, that people who are meant to be in your life in certain moments will be. I suppose that's why we were all sitting around the table having breakfast as if we all didn't have a horrible past.

As if we all are not going through something this very moment, maybe it was good to not think about it right now.

The future frightens me, not with being with them but losing any of them especially if I just started a friendship with them.

For some reason, I feel myself getting extremely close to Natasha. As if we were meant to meet each other as if we were meant to be connected.

It was shown recently how much evil people there are in the world, especially people who are in high positions, it was insane and bizarre realizing it all.

I was in denial for the longest and I admit that, but I won't let it happen to me again.

Many things were running through my mind, but was it really the time to think about other things right now? Especially with us not knowing what the future has in stores?

Knowing everyone's story just made me care for them even more, especially Dean. The feelings I have for Dean are extremely strong and nothing can ever change that.

I don't care what anyone says, hell someone could even suggest I had Stockholm syndrome, I wouldn't even care. Although we met in the craziest way, I'm grateful that we did.

"So, what's the plan after breakfast?" Kevin asked. I looked up at him to find him staring at us with a curious look.

"Kind of just wanted to have breakfast first then make a plan, but since you're so eager. What do you think we should do?" Dean said getting a roll of the eyes from Kevin.

"I was just wondering, fine. I'll just shut up and eat my food then." Kevin said, getting a chuckle from Damian who looked at him amused.

"I think Dean just wants to get through breakfast before thinking about what to do, that's all," I said, I felt Dean's hand squeezed my lap and I smiled softly just from feeling his touch.

I just knew that no matter what, he would bring the calm out of me.

"Awe, well aren't you two such a cute couple," Kevin said getting a smirk from his brother Dean.

"Trust me, we know we are. You didn't have to tell us that." Dean said with the same smirk on his face.

"Wow, imagine if we all showed our emotions as you two did during the breakfast table," Kevin said smirking.

"What? You and Tommy? You two can do whatever. It's not like you two haven't already." Dean said shrugging his shoulders, causing Kevin eyes to widened and Tommy's face in the process of turning red.

I let out a laugh, not being able to hold it in from seeing their facial expression.

"I was just saying, well I guess you're right about that, the only two people that haven't shown their emotions is Natasha and Damian," Kevin said taking a bite of his eggs. Damian's eyes widened, he stared at Kevin with a narrowed look.

I took a glance at Natasha to find her staring at her food and eating it, not paying us any attention at all.

I decided to switch the topic when I did. Natasha gave me a quick look, it was a mixture of thanks and relief. I would have missed it too if I wasn't staring at her before and from the looks of it, it seemed like no one else noticed, the look but I.

Was Natasha letting me in? Did she happen to have a little trust in me?

Part of me was happy on the thought but part of me was curious of course and wondered, maybe she just let her facial expression slip. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.

There's just a connection feeling that I have with her, yes I've known Dean longer than her, as much as Dean and I connect with each other, the connection I feel with Natasha is much different.

"I'm sure we all know that he's going to come for Tommy." I had said, which caused the topic to changed.

"So, Tommy. You know him, you may think that you really don't know all of him but you know most than others. So how do you think he will do it? You know his character traits and personality, just think it through." I said Tommy looked at me with no confusion found on his face which let me know for a fact that he thought of it himself also.

"I thought about it last night, I know he will come for me but I don't think he would do it in an extreme way like what you all are probably thinking. I think he'll just show up and try to take me with him." Tommy said Damian raised a brow.

"So, with no backup? Just him alone?" Damian asked and I shooked my head already knowing that's not what Tommy meant.

"I think he meant that he would just show up and just try to take him," I said and Tommy nodded his head.

"Unless he gets mad," Tommy said in a low voice that had us all alerted.

I knew everyone could feel the tension that was coming from each other, no one else was going to ask so I did.

"What will happen if he gets mad?" I asked Tommy, who looked nervous on answering the question.

"Then he'll start something, having me here is like taking something from another country and having a war that's about to start. So I would understand if you all didn't want anything to do with that and ask me to leave." Tommy said and Dean shook his head.

"No, it's fine. It's the war we were looking for so if it comes, then it comes. So be it, but my brother cares for you. So you're stuck with us and we don't let our people get taken away." Dean said as he continued eating his food.

"If you mean that, then we have a lot of people that are going to come after us. Especially for me, also for Kimani when they find out she's alive." Natasha said and I nodded my head agreeing with what she said.

"Yes, because we're going have to get prepared and ready for what's coming. Also, no one gets left behind. I mean no one!" I said in a serious voice. They all looked at me and smiled.

Dean smiled widened. "Yes, baby, no one left behind."

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, there more chapters to come. I'll keep updating, give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu