CH. 72 I'm going mad

(Jacob POV)

I was walking towards my house; I was beyond mad. This was unbelievable; the fact that they dared to treat me that way in that bank was something that was going to get them fired.

They embarrassed me in front of my security; the thing that angered me more was that I would have to go back.

It angered me even more, knowing that I would have to go back to the bank twice more.

I wasn't allowed to get all of the amounts of the money at once; why was that? I had no idea why I needed to waste my time going there twice when they could have just given it all to me at once.

They knew who I was, and they couldn't even do this for someone who had ranked as I did.

I opened my front door and headed inside; this house was big. Just how I liked it. The housekeeper should have my food ready for me.

I walked towards the dining room and froze. Kimani was sitting in front of the dining table as if she was there and not dead.

"Sir, you're home. Your food is ready; I'll set it on the table." The housekeeper said.

My attention turned to her, and she was staring at me with a confused look on her face.

"Do you... Do you see her?" I asked the housekeeper as I glanced at Kimani.

Kimani was staring at me with her head tilted.

The housekeeper looked around the room.

"Sir, see who? There's no one else here but you and I." The Housekeeper said.

I looked at Kimani, and she was staring at me.

A cold shiver ran down my body; I wanted to be nowhere near her.

"I'll go get your meal, sir." The housekeeper said before I could stop her.

My attention turned to Kimani to find her smiling at me, my body stilled.

It was the creepiest smile I have seen on her face.

"How was your day?" She asked me.

"I should tell you, you're the only one who can see me, but I'm sure you figured that out," Kimani said.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

Her eyes widened.

"Jacob, that's not a way a widow who lost his wife the way you lost me should be behaving like, it's almost like you don't care about my death," Kimani said, a sad look appearing on her face.

"You should be fucking dead," I said.

A scowl appears on her face.

"This isn't even shocked; you're expressing but anger. It's like you're angry that I am.... It's as if you're not angry that I'm dead but angry that I am here." Kimani said.

I said nothing, not even bothering to come up with a lie.

The realization hit her face, as I watch her eyes widened as she looked at me.

"Jacob.... was it you?" She said.

"Alright, sir, your meal is done." The housekeeper said, placing the meal on my usual sitting spot.

"Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with." She said, excusing herself.

I sat down to start eating my food and ignoring Kimani's presence. She was dead.