05

"he is a killer just for fun."

CHAPTER FIVE: normal?

I didn't go to school that day. I couldn't find it in me to face him. Not yet, not today. I told my mom I was sick, and she beleived me, mostly because of the paleness that appears on my face whenever I think back to....him.

I kept having these thoughts. Thoughts that were more like flashbacks, but it's surprisingly not the images that turned my stomach, it's what they made me think.

I kept having the image of rich, covered in blood. That in itself is a horrific thing, but what really upset me is that it was oddly intriguing. I wanted to see it again.

Not that I wanted him to be a murderer, but something about the dark side of him really captivated me. The innocent boy I knew before, is now a criminal.

I went through the day having the same question glued to my mind. Do I like Richard tozier. The answer is yes. I mean, no? No. I can't. But I can be intrigued.

At about 2:30am, I heard a knock on my window. I happilly strolled to the window, knowing it was Richie. My stomach dropped when I finally got there, when I remembered what he had done.

"Hiya y/n/n." He said, climbich through. He walked to my bed, making himself at home, like usual. Why was he acting so normal?

"Hi Rich. Your dad drunk again?" I sat beside him, trying to ignore the sickening feeling in my stomach. "No, actually. Well, he is, but he's at the bar, so he won't be home until tomorrow. Anyway, I came here to talk." He fiddled with his fingers.

"If it's about what I seen, it's fine. I mean, it did startle me, but not as much as it probably should have." I smiled at him.

"Thank you y/n. I couldn't have you hating me, I love you. I-I mean, as a friend." He stiffened up. So did I. "I know, rich. I love you too."

As a friend?