20

"I couldn't stand the person inside me,
I turned all the mirrors around."

CHAPTER TWENTY: the number?

(Sorry for any mistakes I have acrylics on at the moment so this took me two days but don't worry I'm getting the hang of it)

"Psh, y/n." I heard someone whisper from beside me. "Come on, please wake up." He poked me. "Go away, please." I groaned, not knowing who it was, but not giving a shit anyways.

Whoever it was kept poking me, until I opened my eyes to see who it was. "Richie?" I asked. "No, this is Finn." He replied, seeming rather annoyed that I called him Richie. "What do you want?"

"Somebody is crying outside. I didn't know what to do do I'm telling you. Any ideas?" He looked worriedly at me, searching for an answer.

I grunted, getting up and going to the door. "Hello?" I approached the sobbing figure at the end of the hallway. "Are you okay?"

It was a girl, about a year younger than me, with short brown hair. "Sorry." She told me. Obviously confused with her statement I bent down next to her and stroked her hair. "You're okay, I won't hurt you. Why are you crying."

"He's angry." She sobbed. "He's like papa." "What do you mean? Who's papa?" I turned the girl to look at me. "He's mean. He hurt me. He's bad."

"Take me to your room. I'll try take care of you." I hugged her, and stood up.

She guided me silently to her room. I noticed on her hand she had written '011' but I figured it was just market or something. Nobody her age could get a tattoo.

"He's in here." She whispered. "Careful. Bad." She warned. I entered the room cautiously watching for movement in the dark space. "Hello?" I whispered, fear evident in my voice.

"Y/n? Why are you out of your room so late they'll punish you."I heard an all too familiar voice. I switched the lights on and seen the devil himself, Richard tozier.

"Hi, rich. I have a concern.." I look around the room, trying to distract myself from his adorable sleepless state. "Okay, shoot." He States.

I walk out to fetch the other girl, and bring her to the room. "Bad." The mutters under her breath as I close the door. "What did you do to... What is your name, actually?" I turn to face her, and realise she was staring at me all along.

"Eleven." She states shyly. "Like the number?" I ask confused. "That's your real name. "No, I'm Jane. Eleven is what papa says. Mike said El." She smiles.

"El, short for eleven."
She closed her eyes and sighed.