36

"I thought you were sleeping, but,
You're not waking up."

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: help

We managed to fight the men off. As hard as it was, seeing Stan and bill in the state they were in gave us enough will power to fight off just these. I know this isn't the whole group, I can feel it. That's fine though, we just need to leave. Just don't get killed.

Richie stumbled to the car, cradling Billy. I told him that he needed help, and that he was going to hurt his recovering wrist even more, but he just told me 'I'm fine', while sounding quite angry about it.

I didn't press too hard. We all loved bill and didn't know what was going to happen to him. All we could do was hope that he'd wake up. First we need Stan to explain everything.

"Well, while you two were bickering like a married couple, me and bill stopped in our tracks when we thought we heard someone. A few men came up to us from behind and covered our mouths so that we couldn't shout. When we were in the van, one intimidating man came in and started threatening us, which made him turn all pale. The man got all up in his face, until I heard a cry from bill, and the man exited the van when he heard you two coming. Next thing I know he was unconscious. What did he do to make him cry out is the real question here."

"Oh my god, richie. This is all my fault, I should have just listened to you. We could have just left here for good." I panicked as we reached the car. "It was nobody's fault. We can't change what happened. It wasn't intended to harm any of us, but it did. We all knew someone was going down." He raised his voice.

"It didn't have to be, though. It's my f-" I got cut off by Stan. "Guys just get in the fucking car I hear something. I'll drive, just get in."

Richie beside Stan, so I was left in the back with Billy. May as well talk to him while he has a pulse, at I right?

"Hey Billy. I know you're still alive, and you're not going to die just yet, I mean, this is just the start of all the crazy adventures we'll be getting into. You're our leader. We can't go on without you, big bill, you wouldn't want us to split apart would you? You need to hang on in there, we'll get you back, even if it means I have to go back to the asylum if I get caught in the hospital. I don't care, we can just escape again, we don't it once and we can surely do it again. You should be proud, Billy. I made a new friend in the asylum, and you know how I am with new people. I freeze up and stutter, but I didn't. You should have seen him. He looked exactly like richie, without the glasses. Do you wanna know a secret? I prefer the version with the glasses. He's funnier, and he's dumb, and just carefree. You know that saying 'everything happens for a reason', well, I found new meaning in that sentence. Richie made me a better soul. You made me more confident to be myself. Stan, although he always jokes about wanting to die, he appreciates every little detail in this world and I guess you would have to be friends with him to know that, and feel that way too. Don't get me started on Ed's, that little germaphobe. He's so adorable, you could just dress him up in baby clothes and pinch his pimple free cheeks."

I began to sob. "I don't know what the other boys offer to this world, but I can tell that if they are considered a loser, they are fucking unique as hell. Don't you want to see me befriend them all? Think, bill, if you leave us now, y-you'll never get to see us all through and become better people. This trip, bill. This trip is the start of something new, but if we want to-to continue to grow, we need the guidance of our leader, Billy. We need you. Please don't leave us." I completely broke down in tears.

"Y/n" I heard a faint, croaky voice. "Look at my stomach." He said. I couldn't process him speaking. He's awake? If this is just my imagination I don't think I can go on.

I looked to his stomach and there was a lot of blood. He has been bleeding out this whole time.

He gestured for me to come closer to him. I did so, and he whispered,"don't doubt your abilities y-y/n. All of you are the best people I've ever met, you all just need to break free of your bad habits. You can go on." He coughed.

"Guys, there's a problem." Stan said. I looked to bill to see him smile at me, then close his eyes. I start sobbing uncontrollably, I then notice the cop cars surrounding the area.

"Stop the car." I choke out. "Y/n, are you insane?" "Yes, Stan. I am insane. I love you all." I bend down and kiss bill on the forehead.

Stan slows the car down until it comes to a halt. "I'd like to turn myself in." I said to a cop. "I escaped the asylum six days ago, and I know now I'm not fit for the real world."

He repeated the line all the cops say while I roll my eyes. I notice the other two getting cuffed too, and instantly feel an overwhelming feeling of guilt take over my body.

I see the expression on one of the cops faces as he lays eyes on bill, and sob harder, if possible.

I get driven away to the asylum, where I'm patted down for weapons, and given a special ward uniform. I strolled emotionless until I spotted a familiar face outside my cell.

"Hey hopper."