19

"I'm meaner than my deamons,
I'm bigger than these bones."

CHAPTER NINETEEN: acceptance

"Okay, Ms.parker, this is Jim hopper." A nurse put her hand on my shoulder. "And he will be guarding your room, that you'll share with a boy called Finn wolfhard."

"Please." I smiled sarcastically. "Get your hand, off. My. Shoulder." I said through gritted teeth. Her smile faded as she took her hand back.

After some silence the nurse left, and my 'officer' spoke up. "Okay kid, think of me as your friend. I don't boss people around, or harass anyone in this asylum, and I don't want to start now."

"Okay, hopper? Is it?" I smiled lightly. No. We don't like him. "Yes we do." I muttered to myself. "You okay?" He asked. I just nodded.

"Your cell mate is a bit of an ass at first, but once you get to his soft side, he's fine." He told me. "Yeah, well I guess you could say the same for me. But I like you, I know we'll get along. It's just that they don't want me to." I explained.

"Who? Oh, let me guess, the voices." He chuckled. "That's what they all tell me. I can't say from experience though, it's just insane to me." He continued.

"Well, it's not 'voices' it's more just one voice. She- it, keeps telling me that it controls me, and the only way to get rid of it is to kill myself. I attacked a cop, but I wasn't in control of my body. It's almost as if it posseses me, but I just don't get it, I was in a perfect mindset before I left Derry." I rambled, as we came to a halt outside of a room.

"Try meditation. I know it sounds like it wouldn't help at all, but I've really seen differences made by it." He patted my shoulder and spoke again. "Here's your room, kid. I'll be down by the main office if you need anything."

I watched him walk away, and opened the door to my room, only to be welcomed by moans. "HOLY FUCK. STOP IT, GET OUT." I yelled.

"Get the fuck out of my room." The boy groaned at me, while the girl climbed off of him. "Bye, Iris, we can finish this another day." He turned to me as she walked out. "Okay who are you?"

"I'm y/n Parker. I'm your new roommate." I said rather bluntly. "Why, who are you." I scoffed.

"Why I'm finn wolfhard. I'm what you'd call a big deal around here, so stay in your lane." He rolled his eyes. "I'm in nobody's lane, buddy. I don't care how 'big of a deal's you are, I'm still going to tell you to fuck off." I lay down on what I'm guessing was my bed.

"Well, y/n, since you interested us before I was finished, you have to help me."

"I will punch you in the stomach and split your dick in two."

"Never mind then."