Part 15

Will POV

Nico a I went out of the diner and we started down the road. Nico looked be thinking about something but I didn't ask him about it. I smiled at Nico, "so, the festival is about a few miles from here."

Nico chuckled, "you're really want to go?"

"Well, yeah, come on, it'll be fun!" I said. I've always wanted to go to a festival or fair. "I mean... we don't have to if you don't want to."

"Nah, I'm fine with it, besides like you said, it might be fun." Nico smiled a little.

I smiled, and I grabbed Nico's hand and started to run, dragging Nico behind. After a while, I smiled and slowed down. I realized I was holding Nico's hand and I took my hand away quickly.

"Sorry!" I blushed like crazy.

Nico smiled a little and took my hand. "It's fine Will," he blushed.

I held my breath, waiting for something bad to happen, but nothing happened. I looked at Nico and smiled. "Okay," I blushed.

Nico gave me a small smile and we walked around.

Does... Does Nico like me? Maybe I should tell him...

Nico sighed and we kept walking as we looked around. After a while, I heard music and saw a huge Ferris Wheel. "Woah! That's huge!" I breathed.

Nico looked up, "dang, you're right."

"I don't think I've been on one," I muttered.

"Me either," Nico admitted.

"Well, we're going to today!" I smiled.

After a while, we went up to a booth and I let go of Nico's hand, which I was a little disappointed, it just felt so natural. I paid for 2 bracelets that let us get on any ride. Nico looked at the bracelets and tilted his head.

"We can get unlimited rides," I explained.

I put one of them on Nico's wrist and struggled to put mine on. "Ugh!" I sighed in defeat. "Can you put it on me?"

Nico nodded and took the bracelet and put it on me. "There you go."

"Sorry if I'm annoying you. I've always wanted to go to a fair ever since I was like 2. And it's better now since you're here!" I winced at that part and blushed.

Did I really just say that?

Nico smiled a little, "don't be sorry, it's been fun so far. I wouldn't have been doing this if I wasn't with you."

I smiled, and looked around, "well I think we should do the Ferris Wheel last."

Nico nodded, "alright, sounds good."

I smiled and we walked around a little. I saw a boat ride that looked cool, I looked over at Nico. "Hey, let's do that one," I pointed at the boat ride.

Nico looked at it, "Sure."

I grinned, I was feeling really playful for some reason and I raced over to the line. I looked back at Nico, "come on slowpoke!"

Nico rolled his eyes and walked over to me. "I don't know why I'm so excited," I said embarrassed.

Nico grinned, and the line moved. After a while, we get on the ride. Nico looked at me once we got into the boat. The ride started to get back and forth. Once it almost went upside-down when it did that my stomach went into a knot, but I was still enjoying myself. I looked at Nico, he had closed his eyes and had a death grip onto the handle but a small smile could be seen so he was having fun.

"Woo-hoo!" I put my hands up in the air as the boat tried to go upside-down again, but I immediately grabbed the bar again as my stomach did a few cartwheels.

"Dork," Nico chuckled.

After a while, the ride stopped and we got off. "That was so fun!"

Nico followed me and then tripped on a cord that was attached to the ride. He stumbled into my arms. It took him a second to process what had happened. He looked up at me and blushed a little.

I laughed a little and set Nico up straight, "you okay?"

Nico blushed and nodded, he stood there for a while to regain his balance. I smiled and went off to find another ride. Nico followed behind. "What kind of rides do you want to ride?" I asked.

Nico shrugged, "I don't really care."

I thought for a second and looked around. "There's a roller coaster, a launcher ride, and those spinney cup rides." I looked around for what else we could do.

Nico nodded, "I'm up for anything really.''

"Well, how about the launcher ride?" I suggested.

"Sure."

I grinned and went into the line, Nico smiled a little back. I was a little nervous, I wasn't very keen on heights but I didn't want to look like a pussy in front of Nico. The line shortens until it was our turn.

"Ready?" Nico asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I muttered.

Nico nodded and we went onto the ride. We buckled into the ride, and I realized I was shaking a little. Nico noticed and hesitantly took my hand and held it tightly. I realized he was probably a bit scared himself being the son of Hades, heights wasn't really his thing. I blushed and began to relax, then, the ride shot up into the air faster then I realized it was going to. I closed my eyes and held Nico's hand tighter. I felt Nico stiffen as we both weren't ready for it to shoot up like that. The ride shot up and down making me sick to my stomach.

Ugh, stop the ride...

I was still enjoying myself somehow, maybe because I was holding on Nico's hand and for dear life. I was a little surprised that Nico didn't shadow travel away since I know he wanted to. After what it felt like forever the ride stopped and I quickly got off dragging Nico with me.

"I didn't really like that one," I grumbled.

"Me either," Nico confessed.

"I don't really like heights, but I just wanted to try something new." I sighed.

Nico nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Jason can do things like that, but count me out." I joked.

Nico laughed a little, "Yeah. Being the son of Jupiter, he belongs in the sky... Son of Hades, not so much."

"Yeah, just because my dad is the god of the sun, doesn't mean I'll be on board for it."

"Yeah," Nico leaned against me unknowingly.

I smiled and sighed.

"So what now?" Nico asked.

Author's Notes: Done! I'm really enjoying writing this story, I know this chapter was a bit childish but I don't really care. As long as I like writing it and you guys like it then it's all good. Right?