Part 39

Will's POV

!Warning contains mild content!

I've been training with Nico a lot lately, almost every other day, having a day in between to rest. Nico gives me a pretty good workout. He doesn't let me stop until I get whatever we're doing right. Which, I did tell him to do that but still! It's hard!

Honestly, I hope I don't feel like a burden to him. I'm practically a newbie at sword fighting, though, I'm a fast learner. I've improved a lot in the past couple of weeks.

But Nico is just so talented and strong! You can't help but feel weak around him. I mean, he's the only child of Hades left. Not including Hazel because she's the child of Pluto... Which is Hades... Whatever! You know what I mean! I mean, there are tons of children of Apollo... I'm not special.

But for some reason... He picked me. Out of all people, he picked me.

He picked me...

My thoughts were disrupted by a small ball of covers starting to wake up. The cause of the movement popped his head from the covers. The black-haired boy blinked sleepily up at me before getting up, letting the pile of blankets fall off of him. He hummed softly before getting into my lap, facing me as he buried his face into my shoulder. I chuckled a little, hugging the tired Nico, kissing the top of my head.

"Good morning Sunshine," I said, cheerfully. He grunted before flipping me off for no apparent reason. "Hey! What was that for!" I complained.

"You know exactly what that was for, Blondie!" He huffed before he started to play with the back of my curly, golden-blonde hair.

"Hey! You can't just flip me off and get away with it!" I remarked before pinning him to his bed.

He laughed a little, knowing fully well, that if he wanted to he could overpower me and get out of the predicament he was in. He just put his head against mine and slid my hands off of his wrists to his hands, intertwining our fingers.

"You stole my nickname for you." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"This again? Come on Neeks! It suits you better." I insisted, taking my hands and resting them on his hips.

"You're literally the son of the sun!" He protested, his hands going around my neck.

"Yea, but the sun is what people look forward to in the morning. What keeps us going. The star that stands out from all of the rest." I said, cupping his face. "What I want my world to revolve around."

There was an obvious pink blush growing on his pale face before he scoffed. "Oh my Gods, that was so cheesy." He laughed, covering his blushing face.

"Oh- there it is! That single ray that can kill us." I said, dramatically as I flopped down on the bed, pretending to be dead, closing my eyes and sticking my tongue out like a little kid.

Nico just rolled his eyes before climbing onto my back, laying down, cuddling my warmth. "You're such a dork."

"Well, if you haven't noticed, theatre runs in the family. I am obviously the best actor." I teased.

"Does being a complete idiot also run in the family?" He asked.

I thought about that for a moment before shrugging. "Probably, I mean idiocy and Gods like to go hand in hand a lot. So, why not?" I said, shrugging.

He also shrugged before getting up. "Well, I want to do something today."

I gasped, sitting up, looking at him. "Who are you? What have you done with my boyfriend?" I asked before I couldn't help but have a big cheesy grin spread across my face.