Part 21

Nico's POV

I was having a great sleep until I started to have nightmares. I was in a dark space, and I couldn't breathe. I felt myself start to suffocate. I screamed, but no sound came out. I could only move a small amount. I was trapped and started to become lightheaded. I tried to call out but it was like I didn't have a voice. I couldn't breathe, I started to panic and everything went black.

I woke up chained to the wall, it felt like 100 degrees. Pain exploded inside of me as I saw blood on the ground. I knew I was still asleep but I could feel the pain. I winced as I felt a blade slice through my skin on my back.

"Help..." I crocked.

So my voice did work. I looked behind me to see dark figures staring at me, I felt ready to vomit. I knew these monsters. They were the bad kind. The smart kind. I felt my heart race as one walked closer with a switch in hand.

I don't know what these monsters look like, they look like they wear cloaks. I stumbled onto these monsters in Tartarus and... well... let's just say things didn't go as planned.

I tried to move away, but the shackles that rubbed my wrists raw kept me still. The switch cracked over my back. I screamed in pain.

"Please! S-stop!" I begged.

They dug a knife into my back as I screamed in pain. "Help! Please! Stop!" Tears streamed down my face.

I saw the monsters back up to inspect me, I whimpered in pain and hung my head. I felt one of their claws raking my back. I screamed in pain.

"Stop! Please!" I begged.

I whimpered and winced as their claws went deep into my skin.

"Please, I'm sorry..." I crocked.

I woke up breathing heavily and looked around the room.

"Woah, easy, you're okay Nico," Will touched my shoulder. "It's okay..."

I didn't look at him, I drew my knees to my chest and hugged my knees. I buried my face into my knees.

It's okay... you are okay you're here... I thought as I rocked back and forth.

"Woah, what's wrong?" Will asked.

I didn't say anything and silently cried into my jacket. I trembled as I tried to calm myself down. I've been having these dreams or memories more often lately.

I felt Will's arms wrap around my waist. "it's okay..." Will kissed my cheek. "you're all right."

"W-Will... they scare me... they keep on coming back..." I sobbed.

I buried my face into Will's chest and hugged him tightly. I've never admitted I was scared of anything to anyone. And I mean anyone.

Will hugged me, "shh, it's okay... who's coming back?"

"Nightmare... memories...they..." I couldn't finish my sentence, it was too painful.

"Shh, you're okay..." Will held me close to stop me from trembling.

I buried my face into Will's shirt and hugged him tightly. "W-Will... I-I'm scared."

"It's okay, you're safe here," Will whispered.

I looked up at him, "h-how do you know that?" I snapped.

"We're protected by the barrier, and if anything did get in we would defend our camp. Come on! We survived the wrath of Gaea!" Will smiled warmly at me.

"I'm still scared...th-they is scary..." I hated admitting this but I had to, I couldn't handle it alone.

"Who?" Will asked quietly.

I hesitated and looked away.

"It's okay, I won't judge you..." Will held me closer.

"T-the monsters... the giants... in the...pit... they..." I couldn't finish my sentence before bursting into tears again.

Will sighed and rubbed my back, "it's okay... you're okay.."

"Th-they hurt me Will... tortured me... th-they wanted information... they would do the worst thing imaginable..." I choked out.

I glanced at Will who had a horrified expression."I-I'm sorry... who hurt you?"

"Th-the smart ones... the evil ones... th-they wanted information... I don't know why... I still have the scars..." I said quietly.

Will looked at me "What? show me!"

"Th-they're all over..." I slowly started to take my shirt off and showed him.

There were jagged long scars across my back and chest. The scars that the monsters gave me were deep.

I saw Will's eyes widen, "Oh my gods! When did this happen?!"

I looked down and stayed silent.

Will sighed and hugged me. "It's okay, you're going to be okay. I won't let anything bad happen to you."

I whimpered a little and hugged him tightly.

Will kissed the top of my head, "don't worry, you'll be fine."

I leaned into Will's warmth, "n-no one knows about this..."

"I won't tell anyone," Will laid down, bringing me down with him.

I laid on top of Will. I didn't even care that I didn't have a shirt on anymore. Right now I wanted to curl up in a hole and never come out. But I was feeling a little bit better.

Will looked down at me, "if I see you having night terrors again I'm waking you up. Okay?"

I nodded a little, "I-I can't sleep right now Will."

"Oh, I know, I can't either I was just saying."

I snuggled close to him and laid my head on hid the chest. It was about 6 in the morning and I was tired but I was too scared to sleep again. A while later there was yelling coming from outside. I buried myself into Will and there was a knock at the door. I jumped a little it surprised me a little. Will sat up so I sat up too.

Austin peeked his head in. "Uh, sorry for the interruption, but, Will, we need you in the infirmary. 5 are already waiting for you."

Author's notes: HAHA Cliff hanger. Not probably someone being stupid. Probably someone from the Ares cabin. You know, the usual.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll try to get the next one out soon.

What did you think about Nico's nightmare? What do you think happened in Tartarus? Why am I asking you these stupid questions?