18.

Issue 18.

Jungkook waits for Jeremiah in the visiting room with his hands still cuffed to the metal table, not really able himself to move much.

Nearly a week under probation feels like hell, despite himself drowning in this situation for the umpteenth times that he lost count.

The heavy steel door slides open, revealing his attorney who walks in with his leather bag and a few documents enveloped in his arms, "Jungkook."

"sit" the male only orders, leaning to rest both of his arms on the table.

"I've discussed with the judge," Jeremiah said as soon as he placed his butt on the chair across Jungkook with the table segregating them.

Jungkook only hums, not even interested in this topic as his mind is solely occupied with Jimin, having no intentions of squeezing anything extra to those tiny little space in between the contents.

He is haunted by all the dreams of still having Jimin in his arms, he is definitely trying to forgive Jimin but forgetting is a harder fight.

He remembers he simply told Jimin to give up on himself but every part of him hoped Jimin did not actually, let go.

His face is stagnant that little did he know, a tear trailing down until it reaches his chin. The down light hanging from the ceiling shines on Jungkook that the tear drop reflects, catching Jeremiah's attention as he was explaining regarding the discussion between him and the judge but it all fell onto deaf ears.

"are you okay? Jungkook?" the said male only mumbles a quiet 'I'm good', yet he knows he was nowhere near there.

He'd still wanted to look into Jimin's eyes that was searching for him. He'd still dying to kiss Jimin, have him around if he thought he was owning the world.

His tongue feels dry all of a sudden that he realized the streaks of tears are unstoppable, damping his prison attire.

Jungkook inhales a lungs full of air, before puffing them out with a sigh, his fist clenched as his jaws tighten, "no matter what, get me the fuck outta here. I'll pay whatever amount he asks for."

Jeremiah eyelids flatter while he nods in acknowledgement, he would definitely fight for Jungkook, no matter what. He has been there for the male since the start and it's impossible he would leave Jungkook alone in this battle, he has already treat Jungkook just like his brother than simply a client.

-
Jimin handed over the completed news draft over to the editor before it was published to the public. His steps back to his desk were still as heavy as ever that he was literally dragging his feet to walk.

He can't do this, he doesn't think he could hold any longer. The life without Jungkook is like the world without the sunlight, as if the sky is no longer blue and the grass is no longer green.

He simply did nothing but he felt worn out and drained; exhausted from everything he had done to hurt Jungkook and himself even. He needs a timeout from all of these.

Taehyung who just came back from an interview he underwent with one of the bookstore owner for lifestyle section news, hugs his best friend from the back which nearly makes Jimin stumbles upon his steps.

"are you alright? You seemed, daze." Jimin staggered his way back to take a sit on his swirling chair before moving himself to Taehyung's table by wheeling over.

Jimin's shoulder slumps as he then states, "I think I'm stopping all these, Tae."

"does that mean you're going back to Jungkook?"