25.

Issue 25

Jungkook refuses to have any other doctors to attend him besides his cousin brother Seokjin. He had his light blue patient gown changed before the nurse assists him into the scanning room while he waits for Seokjin to brief him thoroughly about the procedure that he will be experiencing.

He was fiddling with hem of his gown, lips chanting softly to himself, it's gonna be okay, Jeon, everything will be fine, you have Jimin, you have Seokjin hyung.

The chanting went on for about a few minutes before the door of the scanning room clicks open, revealing Seokjin who walks in with the exact patient file on his hands as he greets Jungkook again.

"You ready Jungkook? Are you feeling uncomfortable with enclosed spaces? It's gonna get pretty cramp when you're in the machine" Seokjin makes sure.

"Yeah I'm cool" Jungkook answers simply as Seokjin gestures him to lie down on the scanning table. Another radiologists then came and provides Jungkook with cushions and blanket to keep the male safe and comfortable.

"Do you need your AirPods to keep your anxiety away during the process?" Seokjin asks with concern again, a hand resting on his cousin's shoulder.

"It's alright, I'm not a kid anymore" Jungkook smirks, causing Seokjin to worry even more when the male is acting so calm as such tension situation.

Seokjin just could no longer feels himself anymore, he does not wants the answer that he had in mind be the truth to Jungkook's illness.

He is more than sure that the Jungkook was definitely not experiencing symptoms of Alzheimer's, but he could not be sure that the male was not having a tumour. Nevertheless, he could not come to a conclusion until the result of the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is out.

"Okay, so now we're moving you in" The radiologist speaks in Japanese, who is standing next to Seokjin said to Jungkook who nods vaguely in return. He then presses one of the button on the touchscreen keypad and the scanning table then gradually enters into the scanner.

Once Jungkook was fully in the scanner, the radiologist hands over the function pad to Seokjin in order for him to communicate with Jungkook via the intercom, "everything's alright in there Kook?"

"Y-yeah" he heard Jungkook's soft muffling voice.

Seokjin then presses on another button on the touchscreen in order to allow the MRI to captures the images of Jungkook's brain. At times, he had asked Jungkook to hold his breath to capture clearer vision of the images.

"Let me know if you're feeling uncomfortable" Seokjin speaks again, afraid that Jungkook may feel uneasy at the loud clanging noises coming out from the scanner. After a few attempts of capturing pictures of Jungkook's brain and also both the neurologist and radiologist mild discussion on Jungkook's situation, the scanning session went on smoothly and they finally called it a day.

Jungkook got himself changed and went out of the changing room to see Seokjin sitting by the bench, awaiting him.

"Hyung" he calls, Seokjin immediately stands up and motions Jungkook to follow him into his office.

The once stoic and merciless Jeon Jungkook only trails along Seokjin footsteps with his head hanging long until they finally sat down face to face. Jungkook had his hands intertwined and rest them on his cross-legged lap, "am I able to know the results by today?"

"The radiologist will only hand to me the report by the end of today, most probably you'll know the results by this week?" Seokjin explains but earns a Jungkook with furrowed brows.