23.

Issue 23

The next day, Jungkook has decided to bring Jimin out of where they were staying and simply take a stroll around the city.

With their hands intertwined, they stroll down the alley while immersing themselves in the Japanese culture and the over the top infrastructure around them. Jimin holds so tight onto Jungkook's arm as they walk as if he was so afraid to slip away from his side.

He could not afford so.

The young mafia has never been so carefree; heart has never once felt so contented with no worries, no running away from paparazzi and cops nor having the guns carried everywhere he goes.

He is for sure able to prove to the love of his life that he has officially mellow down, like a lot. He had his temper kept deep down within himself, he tries not to order around, or boss around asking his followers to kill the ones that he dislikes.

Jaebum has officially became the last person he had ever laid a hand on. To have his precious gun stuck in his side pockets is probably the last thing he wants to do right now.

All he ever asked for is to have Jimin by his side, what he meant by that is not solely having the said male walking by his side, but is to be with him for as long as they could. He wants all Jimin's flaws, all his mistakes, his smiles, his giggles, his crescent eyes, everything, Jungkook wants his everything.

Jungkook could never asked for a better person to walk into his life just like Jimin did. Jimin was his first and he is going to be his last.

He had never felt that way, and he could never find a feeling like this again.

He turns his head to the left to only encounter the smile that he has been longing for; the billion dollars smile that Jungkook would not trade anything for.

It's Jimin's smile; his Jimin's smile.

So bare, so real, so beautiful.

"What? You're staring" Jimin giggles, back of his palm covering his face as his eyes disappear.

"You just have your way that makes me fall for you deeper every single time I look at you" Jungkook confesses, both of them still standing in the middle of the street, blocking some of the pedestrians' way.

"What's with the sudden confession?" The shorter male laughs again.

"I love you, that's all I've got to say, now let's go" Jungkook chuckles, followed by Jimin who has no idea what the male was trying to imply. Jungkook drags Jimin into a cafe, with the banner reads:

Cafe De Euphoria.

"What a nice cafe name huh" Jimin swipe the invincible dust on the back of his jeans before sitting by the table nearest to the window where they could easily enjoy the view outside.

"A nice place too" Jungkook mumbles before flipping over the menu, scanning his eyes over the food items.

Seconds in, he felt a strong stinging sensation on the right side of his brain. He feels like he is having a toothache in the brain but he could not anyhow explain how that pain felt. It is throbbing and disturbing.

Soon enough, his vision went slightly blurry and he could hardly read the words on the menu. His brain ringing like a failure television as he squeezes his eyes shut, willed for the pain to go away. He had one of his hand presses against his head, rubbing it softly.

The pain just could not go away until he felt a soft touch on his other hand, "Kook, what's wrong?"

He swings his eyes open, staring straight into Jimin's eyes with his watery ones, "I-I'm...okay," he shakes his head and attempts to adjust his posture, "probably from the lack of sleep"

"You sure? You looked like you were in pain" Jimin had a worried look plastered on his face, feeling uneasy about Jungkook's situation.

"Y-yes. I'll sleep earlier tonight" Jungkook stutters, clearing his throat next and tries to focus back to the menu. However, he does not noticed Jimin whom his eyes never once leave Jungkook, worries that Jungkook might have worn himself out or simply stressing over the article that both of them are planning to publish.

He does not wants Jungkook to work himself out for something not worth his effort and time. The media and the world does not deserves Jungkook. He may be a mafia or the most wanted criminal out there, but to Jimin he is the sweetest and the most loving person he had ever met.

Both of them proceed with the ordering of foods before Jimin reaches across the table for Jungkook's hand, "Kook, listen to me for once okay?"

"Baby, I'm fine, I really-"

"Kook."

Jungkook zips his mouth and allows Jimin to speak, "listen to me. I don't want you to strain yourself for things that don't even worth your time and energy. You told me to move on so you've to do it too"

"I'm just having a slight headache babe, I'm absolutely alright, don't worry" Jungkook insists.

"Even so, I want you to rest. Leave everything aside until your health gets back to normal and stable okay?" Jimin raises an eyebrow, dominant and prominent tone of voice startles Jungkook a little, that's the 'Jimin effect', he calls.

"Yes my husband" Jungkook stretches his hand and pinch Jimin's button nose, making the male crunches his face a little.

"Who says I'm your husband" Jimin's cheeks turn pink hue all of sudden, not used to the new nickname Jungkook is calling him and everything is so pale in comparison.

"You are, and will be" Jungkook lifts up Jimin's hand and places a quick chaste kiss on the back of his palm.

Jimin smiles again, this time, a grin from ear to ear, heart blooming with a garden of flowers.

Their coffee arrived on their table in no time, Jimin stirs his caramel macchiato with the stainless steel spoon as he looks out of the window again, spotting a bus stop situated just across the road, with a few people waiting for the coming bus.

"Kook-ah, look" Jimin pointed towards where he was looking at, "remember that time when we sat at the bus stop after your psycho ass just jumped off the cliff and into the lake?"

Jimin's could not stop having those old memories came crashing his mind like a bullet train, they were the best memories he had ever experienced, despite some of them being quite bizarre.

He was waiting for Jungkook's replies but to no avail, he turns to meet with Jungkook's floaty gaze and the young mafia blurts,

"S-Sorry, I-I can't."

A/N:

AKAKDNIDNDKSND IM UPDATE EVERYDAY ALMost?????

Just a reminder: this story is gonna go down quite angsty :(((( get your hearts ready 🤭